Getting rounds loaded for 1000 yds.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be fun! I thought you might be shooting KW's Creedmoor today. Any trigger time is a good time.:lewis:

I have a little question there on your reloads, the wrapped bullets , are they wrapped outside the shell or does the wrap go down into the shell and crimped there. The photos look like the paper is outside the brass. Maybe on a single shot it does not matter. Unfamiliar with this long range paper patched stuff, but would love to learn.
DL

I have a little question there on your reloads, the wrapped bullets , are they wrapped outside the shell or does the wrap go down into the shell and crimped there. The photos look like the paper is outside the brass. Maybe on a single shot it does not matter. Unfamiliar with this long range paper patched stuff, but would love to learn.
DL
bullet is wrapped and placed into case at about 110 thousands or 120

From what I understand it was designed by Frank Hyde in the 1880s. The cupped base with the twisted tail is called the Hepburn method.

Back