Got Coreys CVA Hawken

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, gotta get it up on a rack, lol

most likely going to use 245s. shot 295's out of my new englander with 75grs of pyro rs. even that light of a charge with the steel butt plate. still made my right shoulder hurt for 3 days. of course it does not take much to make it hurt.

Looks like it. Stock is still tacky this morning, cant put it outside due to the rain for the past 2 evenings.

I got my hands full this month any way. lol

have a another rifle on the way. opening day, nov1

already have picked up some 200gr shock waves :p

Got most of the rifle together. I plan on letting the tru oil cure in the sun tomorrow should it come out.

Rifle is DONE.

I put a powder tube filled with Boiled Linseed oil in the box under a piece of cardboard near the rear of the stock. If the barrel looks a little dull, simply rub a THIN coating on and it will make a good sealer for the barrel. Barrel will get darker over the years.

Went to install one of those pretty brass nipples, damn thing wasnt even the right size! It said 6x1m thread but it looks more like a lyman size thread. Wouldnt even come close to fitting in the hole!

I ended up browning the other Drum as the one i had done early on wasnt correct and would not tighten enough. The one on it now fits perfectly.

Other than these few set backs, Rifle is ready for hunting season!

After sighting in of course :lol:

Will get it out by Tuesday.

going to be like christmas this week. going to have to send jess to pick both up. maybe they both come in on the same day

oh crap, I scratched. heard a bang in my gun corner, looked my sks fallen for no reason. you can only feel it. so it is not that bad. here in a couple of weeks I am going to get it to the range and try to get it ready for late muzzy. still need a ram rod for it.

I believe this is the forums best of all times post due to all the responses lol. Moving all this stuff has stirred up a lot of memories!

Back