Got Coreys CVA Hawken

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the 3/8th is what I get. Them Super Rods are about indestructable. I got one a long time ago when they were still brown and from a distance you'd never know it was fake wood. It is on one of my Tradition's Woodsman Hawkins.

I would bet you that the 23/64 would also work. Especially if the rod guides are tight. I measured one of my rods and it is .357 which is closer to a .359 23/64 rod. Because the 3/8th would measure .375 in diameter. You might want to measure a rod that works in his rod guides, and then go from there. I think the T/C and the older model rifles ran a little bigger.

couple new pics with almost everything screwed on.
corey11.jpg

corey12.jpg

Very nice job on that rifle.. that is going to be a beautiful rifle when all done.

jon, I am itching to get the gun back. sadly, I will not have time get it ready for the first half of my season. :(

the angle in this pic.
Picture002.jpg

makes the nose cap look kinda silver. kinda like the silver look. something for future project on my part 8)

still want an 54cal barrel for it. only $85 plus shipping. can be a really cheap shooter. if I can an round ball mold and cast most of my own bullets. :D

Looks like 2 more coats of tru-oil and 2 days of dry time in the sun and a hit with 400grit wet sand paper and a final coat of tru oil in a spray can ought to do it!

Rifle looks really great with a high gloss finish too.

Yep. Damn i have to brown that rear sight too lol. Ahhh! Just when i thought i was done with that lol. No biggie

Parts came in. I have a lot of filing to do with that rear sight! Also have to open up the sight V as its just a tiny tiny little opening.

Loading up the Optima right now to see how it does with those 348's!

that it is. i have the rifle stock outside baking in the sun. 2 more coats tonight, wet sand and then spray it and its done. And then the hard part of having to shoot it.

Maybe, Its lookin so purdy and looks great on my rifle rack that i may just keep it! :lol!:

Going to work on the lock now as i am finished shooting the Optima. Total of 2 shots at 58 yards, in the same hole was more than enough to tell me that it likes the 348 Powerbelt LOL.

Latest posts

Back