Got Coreys CVA Hawken

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rear sight installed. What a SOB that was! My fingers hurt from all the filing i had to do. I also opened up the V and its perfect.

Just to rub it in, I think will go out and shoot it first before browning it. :twisted:

OOoooooooh does she shoot sweet! Got the sights dead center on the first try!

1" low @ 20yrds, 8" low @ 58 yards with 40gr Pyrodex P, .490 ball and .015 patch.

When you switch to conicals like the 223,245,295,300 Powerbelt, i think you will have to file the front sight down some. The rear sight kicks ass though! Nothing is blurry and focus is easy.

Triggers also work excellent but i must Warn you to BECAREFUL if you use the set trigger. I have it set up as a suicide trigger.

Time to go give the barrel and lock a bath and call it a day.

Just finished up spraying the stock down to tru-oil. going to give it a half hour to dry before taking it out of the shed. Will set it up on the front deck in the sun to cure more. Should have it put back together by tomorrow if everything looks ok.

Stock came out beautiful and smooth! Still sticky so its going to be a while before i can handle it.

pictures?????????????????? all i ask for is pictures......don't care if its the gun or you or the gun.......

Jess

Shame on me! I didnt post these pics that i took yesterday.

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture010-1.jpg

Rear sight is still browning ( just put it on yesterday)
Picture009-1.jpg

Picture008.jpg

corey feels concerned that you just put his gun in the dirt......i of course think you should have put it in some mud or deer poop....looking good though
jess

:p LOL!

No, even though it was an ugly rifle when i got it, It just needed some love. Shoots really good to so i think you should be able to have him sell that New englander and possibly by some new shooting supplies with the $$$ from it.

just got the computer back for a min, looks good. ETA on when I get it back. :D

you think the front sight we used on the hawkens work on the new englander?

i can make almost anything fit. I can always take metal off, just cant put it back on.

I am hoping to have it complete within the next 2 days and mailed back very soon.

WOW!!! that really is a beautiful looking rifle. I am sure Corey is going to have a lot of fun taking that into the woods and getting it all buggered up. :p

First scratch gets him banned :lol!:

Corey you going to try some 245's in it?

Just hit me while looking at the pics, Im going to remove the bluing off the triggers and leave them silver.

Back