Got the .45 Elite out today...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flint head

Reaction score
100 grains of Black MZ and a 200 grain XTP in a blue crushed rib... only shot at 50 yards today in my yard. The two that are touching were a good trigger squeeze... the other one I pulled just a tad...šŸ˜Ž

IMG-0026.jpg

Nice shooting! I have a .45 Elite and recently added a .50 Elite and can't wait to shoot it. Just curious, have you shot the Barnes 195 Expanders, and if so, do they shoot similar to the XTP's?

I always used the HSB sabot in my .45 Elite with good results using 200 gr XTPs, 200 gr SSTs, 195 gr BX, and 200 gr Lehigh bullets.

Nice. That 200 gr 10mm XTP seems to be the go to bullet for the .45s. My Knight Mountaineer .45 shoots them great also. This spring however I'm going to be trying some 340 gr full bore I-bullets out of it cast from my Accurate mold.
A couple years ago Sportsman's Warehouse had black MZ on sale for $10 a bottle. I bought 10 lb. I wish I would have got more.

In a previous .45 Disc Elite I owned, the 195 Barnes shot well with 120 grains of BH 209 in a smooth blue Harvester... just under an inch at 100 yards if I remember correctly. I just hate dealing with BH... great on the range, bad cleaning back at home!

In my 45s all those bullets shoot to the same spot with 100 grains of Blackhorn all under an inch at 109 yards.

Back