Grrw indian trade rifle in .40 cal ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muzzlestuffer

Reaction score
Any one have original grrw rifle in .40 cal ? I'm having a .40 cal 7land/7groove barrel made so I can have a .40 cal rifle built need dimensions for the flats,lands,grooves depth and twist rate I only need for a .40 cal original grrw barrel.
Thanks
M s

Bob Allen or Phil Meek could help out, tried calling Carl Walker (must be fishing) no answer. I'll try again later and ask your question.

Finding such an animal would be priceless, don't remember .40 cal but there were .45 cal. offered in most model of rifles. Haven't seen any of them offered as a single piece, mostly .50 cal and up once in a while and half of them aren't true GRRW even though they are stamped. Lots of fake stuff with the marking.

Not many of these made according to doc he doesn't remember specs on lands and grooves I have a barrel maker to do the 7/7 for me but want to get as close to original as I possibly can thanks for checkn buck

I was at Tennessee Valley Muzzleloader last week, and he has a .40 GRRW barrel in a Southern Montain rifle. Matt told me he got the barrel from a guy that had owned it for years. Really a nice rifle, and for sale.

Back