Happy to get into SL MLs but not sure about....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks,

Last time I put some words up here on my looooooong journey to get my SML, it was back in August....

What can I tell you 🤔

Still same status, which is sooooo frustrating. Really because of the missing action in fact.

Started to see, if there is another non-FFL bolt action I could use instead of the 700 UML.

Also sent an inquiry to get the part number for the 700 UML directly from Remington... guess what?
They still don't offer the 700 UML action as a spare part.

Anyway, rocky road, as I mentioned 🤪

Stay safe and enjoy your rigs :)

Hi folks,

Last time I put some words up here on my looooooong journey to get my SML, it was back in August....

What can I tell you 🤔

Still same status, which is sooooo frustrating. Really because of the missing action in fact.

Started to see, if there is another non-FFL bolt action I could use instead of the 700 UML.

Also sent an inquiry to get the part number for the 700 UML directly from Remington... guess what?
They still don't offer the 700 UML action as a spare part.

Anyway, rocky road, as I mentioned 🤪

Stay safe and enjoy your rigs :)

You can use the Remington 700ML action, which is not considered a standard "Firearm", but is instead a "muzzleloader" in most states.

I have built smokeless muzzleloaders on this action, and on the Remington 700 Single Shot action used in the Remington 700UML. I cannot tell any difference in their performance.

I use the breech plugs and primer modules made by Arrowhead Rifles. They have great parts, and great service.

Smokeless Muzzleloader: 275 grain Parker BE at 3,000 fps Effect on Deer - YouTube

Attachments

• Sabot Rifle 2.jpg
    Sabot Rifle 2.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 13
You can use the Remington 700ML action, which is not considered a standard "Firearm", but is instead a "muzzleloader" in most states.

I have built smokeless muzzleloaders on this action, and on the Remington 700 Single Shot action used in the Remington 700UML. I cannot tell any difference in their performance.

I use the breech plugs and primer modules made by Arrowhead Rifles. They have great parts, and great service.

Smokeless Muzzleloader: 275 grain Parker BE at 3,000 fps Effect on Deer - YouTube

Yeah I'm looking for that action.

The rifle on your pic looks good ;-)

Yeah I'm looking for that action.

The rifle on your pic looks good ;-)
I just now found this post and started reading from the beginning. You are tenacious and I really hope something works out for you. I would have given up long ago but I’m glad you’re still working on it. I can’t wait until we get to see a picture of your final project when it’s all done

I just now found this post and started reading from the beginning. You are tenacious and I really hope something works out for you. I would have given up long ago but I’m glad you’re still working on it. I can’t wait until we get to see a picture of your final project when it’s all done

Hi there,

Many thanks! Indeed, it's really a good challenge for your patience :)

But yeah, I'll keep going, definitely.

Hi there,

Many many months went by and I'm still without my finished muzzy.

Well, mostly due to the fact that I still don't have the receiver.

I was hoping that the Defiance Outcast will not be rated as FFL. Unfortunately, it is.

Anyway, I'll not give up because I want my muzzy :)

Just wanted to leave some words from my end and let you know I'm on it.......

Hi there,

Many many months went by and I'm still without my finished muzzy.

Well, mostly due to the fact that I still don't have the receiver.

I was hoping that the Defiance Outcast will not be rated as FFL. Unfortunately, it is.

Anyway, I'll not give up because I want my muzzy :)

Just wanted to leave some words from my end and let you know I'm on it.......
Im glad to hear you are still around and still on it! Hope you're doing well.

Latest posts

Back