Hawken Vernier Tang Mounting Question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fellas2

Reaction score
Recently pick up at TC #7190 tang mounted sight i intend to put on my Hawken. The instructions say to use the rear mounting hole in the tang for one screw ( the wood screw into the stock) and then drill and tap the tang for the front screw. After taking a look at mine, it already has a hole drilled and tapped there with a plug in it. Anybody know if this is what the hole is for, and if so, what screw is necessary to mount the sight to it.

Attachments

• Tang.jpg
    Tang.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 5
It sounds like Your tang is not Drilled & Tapped, TC Sold rifles both ways, Some of the Tangs were Factory Drilled & Tapped, and Some were not

This one was NOT
oYjZo1g.jpg

And this one was, Some have this little “Plug Screw“ in place
P6UngLd.jpg

If your Tang is not Drilled & Tapped for a Tang Peep Sight, You will obviously have to do that. This is the Drill & Tap you Need (8-32)
7I76pQYl.jpg
This.

Mine does have that funky little plug, so I guess I need to find a screw with a countersunk head with that thread size ?

Recently pick up at TC #7190 tang mounted sight i intend to put on my Hawken. The instructions say to use the rear mounting hole in the tang for one screw ( the wood screw into the stock) and then drill and tap the tang for the front screw. After taking a look at mine, it already has a hole drilled and tapped there with a plug in it. Anybody know if this is what the hole is for, and if so, what screw is necessary to mount the sight to it.

Actually a 8-32 flat head machine screw might look best in there. Won't stick up as much. Like this.tang sight.jpg

Latest posts

Back