Hodgdon...........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score

Hodgdon Powder

https://www.facebook.com/HodgdonPow...99jxRxNA1RB0rZoj7c0yL4DFm74iy&__tn__=,O,P-y-R
·
POWDER UPDATE 2023
QUICK SUMMARY: In 2023, we anticipate powder availability to return to Pre-COVID conditions. Our powders will be readily available on dealer shelves and for purchase on our website. While demand has remained at a record high for now nearly 3 years, we look forward to closing the gap between demand and supply and thank you for your patience.
WILL ALL YOUR POWDERS BE READILY AVAILABLE?
While there are some exceptions such as our Enduron and Trail Boss powders, the majority of our powders will be easily located via various retailers.
WHY CAN’T HODGDON MAKE MORE POWDER?
We wish it were that simple - what we have experienced since 2020 is a demand issue and not a supply issue. The reality is we are doing everything possible to maximize shipments to our customers, including running overtime in production, packaging and shipping areas and working with our shipping partners to add new inbound and outbound shipping options. During the past 3 years, we broke record after record for powder shipments. We learned what worked best in terms of distribution and will continue to maximize all efforts to maintain this high level of shipping.
WILL HODGDON BUILD ANOTHER PLANT TO KEEP UP WITH FUTURE SPIKES IN DEMAND?
A new powder production facility would require an investment far beyond our finances and no financial institution would finance this type of building project. While the past 3 years of demand appears to be different from demand spikes in the last 20 years, the “normal” powder demand for the U.S. would not support an additional manufacturing plant.
WHY IS HODGDON SELLING POWDER TO AMMUNITION MANUFACTURERS?
Our focus is the handloading enthusiast. Yes, we sell some powder to strategic, mostly smaller ammunition manufacturers, but that is a small part of our business. The heart of our business is smokeless powder for the handloading enthusiast. Every day, we receive calls from potential OEM customers who are looking for powder to load in ammunition. Every day, we politely decline this new business so we can focus on our long-term customers and sales channels and most importantly, our costumers who have supported us for decades.

Hodgdon Powder

https://www.facebook.com/HodgdonPowder/posts/pfbid0MUdhi9pNJBp483ZytAFBLdJBRMumTyZ4wtDCuU4MrVJ4cN6A3M943BJavM8qAU1pl?__cft__[0]=AZU9qBdYYcuSuRDoLCGwQ3S1hLdR6LXDLjYmZ3Vegp3gduh3vQu3W58yvis4nAbzj3Jum_r9mzrWyRgvjBpmXTOgbPhRz4qyHnWGBmemzcTxqwc8rUSH_6j19CIDnOPNv_lnKqQINgILhaX9NPalxFamHhzyOkVh4EydtaYS7jjIiQkMF9kTDG1xRs399jxRxNA1RB0rZoj7c0yL4DFm74iy&__tn__=,O,P-y-R
·
POWDER UPDATE 2023
QUICK SUMMARY: In 2023, we anticipate powder availability to return to Pre-COVID conditions. Our powders will be readily available on dealer shelves and for purchase on our website. While demand has remained at a record high for now nearly 3 years, we look forward to closing the gap between demand and supply and thank you for your patience.
WILL ALL YOUR POWDERS BE READILY AVAILABLE?
While there are some exceptions such as our Enduron and Trail Boss powders, the majority of our powders will be easily located via various retailers.
WHY CAN’T HODGDON MAKE MORE POWDER?
We wish it were that simple - what we have experienced since 2020 is a demand issue and not a supply issue. The reality is we are doing everything possible to maximize shipments to our customers, including running overtime in production, packaging and shipping areas and working with our shipping partners to add new inbound and outbound shipping options. During the past 3 years, we broke record after record for powder shipments. We learned what worked best in terms of distribution and will continue to maximize all efforts to maintain this high level of shipping.
WILL HODGDON BUILD ANOTHER PLANT TO KEEP UP WITH FUTURE SPIKES IN DEMAND?
A new powder production facility would require an investment far beyond our finances and no financial institution would finance this type of building project. While the past 3 years of demand appears to be different from demand spikes in the last 20 years, the “normal” powder demand for the U.S. would not support an additional manufacturing plant.
WHY IS HODGDON SELLING POWDER TO AMMUNITION MANUFACTURERS?
Our focus is the handloading enthusiast. Yes, we sell some powder to strategic, mostly smaller ammunition manufacturers, but that is a small part of our business. The heart of our business is smokeless powder for the handloading enthusiast. Every day, we receive calls from potential OEM customers who are looking for powder to load in ammunition. Every day, we politely decline this new business so we can focus on our long-term customers and sales channels and most importantly, our costumers who have supported us for decades.
I noticed no mention of price.

Planned shortage and price increase and now this load of bee ess.

I noticed no mention of price.
How can they predict? You have an administration that is against abundant fuel/energy resources and the American Way of Life.
Cheap energy fuels economies. Every part of the economy. Not just trucking, BUTT!!! trucking is a huge part.
This AIN'T Mean Tweets' Admin at work.

Planned shortage and price increase and now this load of bee ess.
Maybe this thread needs to be moved?

Be specific.
A) Tell me who/whom planned the shortages with the resultant price increases
B) And what is the bee ess in Hodgdon's statements

UnfitAlarmingCaimanlizard-mobile.jpg

How about the Nitrofire Firestic ammo they’re also manfacturing? If the FireStick ammo is the same as BH209, they won’t have to worry about declining demand for the BH because they may at least make up any loss there with Firestick. Good for their shareholder maybe but expensive for us longtime Blackhorn customers.

I don’t know how many people have bought Nitrofires but there were a slew of those plastic cartridges in the garbage can at the range I shoot at earlier this fall.

Catamount Rob....

I was rolling when I read that!!!
Folks, just look at how all of this is connected first to the "walletbone" then READ and RESEARCH to all the areas it then branches out to. Just 1 of many, many issues although different, have the same "trickle down effect" and common denominator, that impacts every facet; to include us, just burning charcoal to make meat.

Just my .02 cents but no different than folks going thru batteries or catalytic conventors to get at what they want/need. Same reason rats sold for $5.00 in Vicksburg, MS during the Civil War.

It's embarrassing for a veteran like me to see where we are and what we have become as a nation. I don't have the answers but I still have a decent set of eyes, ears and the experience of seeing first hand of what all this can lead up to; to include the climate and conditions present that attributes to it. We were given a silver platter after my grandfather returned from WW2. Good jobs and a great way of life for those who pulled their fair share. We took care of eachother, built great things and accomplished so much. Then greed and competition took.over and we bought into it and rewarded "Corp Bob" and every hostile takeover and buyout. We applaud and reward him when he lays of fires people over an email or texted message 2 weeks before Christmas because he mismanaged the profits resulting in him and his partners getting their 3rd homes in Bermuda while 3k workers are now unable to pay their utility bill thru no.fault of their own.

Sorry for that. I felt like that needed to be said. I'm sure 99% of the fine folks on here can somehow relate and just maybe, we can start to solve some of these powder and other problems rather create new ones if we can work together for the benefit of all.

SHADOWFOX64

Catamount Rob....

Folks, just look at how all of this is connected first to the "walletbone" then READ and RESEARCH to all the areas it then branches out to. Just 1 of many, many issues although different, have the same "trickle down effect" and common denominator, that impacts every facet; to include us, just burning charcoal to make meat.

Just my .02 cents but no different than folks going thru batteries or catalytic conventors to get at what they want/need. Same reason rats sold for $5.00 in Vicksburg, MS during the Civil War.

It's embarrassing for a veteran like me to see where we are and what we have become as a nation. I don't have the answers but I still have a decent set of eyes, ears and the experience of seeing first hand of what all this can lead up to; to include the climate and conditions present that attributes to it. We were given a silver platter after my grandfather returned from WW2. Good jobs and a great way of life for those who pulled their fair share. We took care of eachother, built great things and accomplished so much. Then greed and competition took.over and we bought into it and rewarded "Corp Bob" and every hostile takeover and buyout. We applaud and reward him when he lays of fires people over an email or texted message 2 weeks before Christmas because he mismanaged the profits resulting in him and his partners getting their 3rd homes in Bermuda while 3k workers are now unable to pay their utility bill thru no.fault of their own.

Sorry for that. I felt like that needed to be said. I'm sure 99% of the fine folks on here can somehow relate and just maybe, we can start to solve some of these powder and other problems rather create new ones if we can work together for the benefit of all.

SHADOWFOX64
You said that very well.

Catamount Rob....

SHADOWFOX64
When I was performing Target Reductions on Commies or Islamic Fascists, I never had an idea that a greater form of trans human would show up: Globalist.

BTW, I'm with the Dead White Guyz that gathered at Philadelphia as far as taking care of problems: powder supply yada. And Elon is not on the wrong side.

Again, isn't there an Inline Politics forum? Because I am not trying to find the fence line for a second time in two weeks.

I'm outa'here. God Bless and best to all.

Last edited:
BTW, I'm with the Dead White Guyz that gathered at Philadelphia as far as taking care of problems: powder supply yada.

Again, isn't there an Inline Politics forum? Because I am not trying to find the fence line for a second time in two weeks.

I'm outa'here. God Bless and best to all.
Curious cuz ive never heard of them, who are the Dead White Guyz?

“Again, isn't there an Inline Politics forum? “
i dont think we have a political section here. Theres enough arguments here without adding politics to the mix.

Back