Another Hodgdon Response to BH 209 Availability

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m probably going to come across as naive, sheltered, uneducated and downright dumb, but I don’t get it. When did everything suddenly turn into some big conspiracy? Sure, I think big picture there’s political influences contributing to the shortage. But more than anything I suspect a bunch of different factors came together at the right time to cause the shortages were seeing. Referring to BH209 specifically, it’s made in Canada. Canda was shut down as bad or worse than anywhere in the US. If we can’t get anyone to work here why would Canada be any better?
Not denying the shortage, but I can’t see it being political. Unless you think the government ultimately runs the powder/primer manufacturers. Why would the shooting sports industry intentionally ruin shooting sports? I don’t buy it’s a money thing. They could stock the shelves full today in every major store and I bet the shelves would be empty in a week at best. People will buy whatever they can get there hands on.
I don’t know. It’s frustrating but I can’t get myself to believe that this is some big government backed plan to get rid of guns. And I’m fully aware that the current administration would like to get rid of guns…
Hopefully that’s not considered political. It’s not supposed to be.
I would very much like to respond to your statement but to do so would be a clear violation of site policy to discuss things of a political nature.
Ironically that in and of itself is political but we've been respectfully asked to not do that here because it has shown to be problematic in the past. And in the interest of ensuring this platform remains available to us all, I believe this subject should be tabled. Because at the end of the day it's all supposition anyway. Nothing can be decided definitively regardless how eloquently it's put.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back