Another Hodgdon Response to BH 209 Availability

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much product are they currently selling/ shipping?? None? Even 3 times the normal price doesn’t make up for that.

You can say that they planned poorly, and didn’t order enough from their production plant, but they are not raking in the money by shipping no product.
The profit lost through not shipping is more than compensated for by huge price increases in the first place. Make less product while at the same time make more profit. It's going on everywhere. I certainly have my beliefs as to what exactly is going on. I will keep it to myself.

The profit lost through not shipping is more than compensated for by huge price increases in the first place. Make less product while at the same time make more profit. It's going on everywhere. I certainly have my beliefs as to what exactly is going on. I will keep it to myself.
I don't know if I would read anything other than corporate greed into it. My prediction is that you won't see BH over the summer but come August BH will magically appear. Hodgdon will make a statement saying "Because of demand we blah,blah,blah" and BH will be 70 a 10oz jug. Supply and demand, capitalism at it's finest. Glad I'm getting out of ML's

I think it's political! If they can't take away our firearms they will take away the ammunition!
The shelves are bare all across the country.
Check powder valley. No primers no powder. You can't make me believe that there's a supply and demand. 22wmr subsonic have been rare for many years.

I think it's political! If they can't take away our firearms they will take away the ammunition!
Check powder valley. No primers no powder. You can't make me believe that there's a supply and demand issue. 22wmr subsonic have been rare for many years.
[/QUOTE

Check powder valley. No primers no powder. You can't make me believe that there's a supply and demand. 22wmr subsonic have been rare for many years.
I reload shotgun shells also, components are just as scarce , this is getting frustrating, I know people hoard , I wish I was smart enough to do the same

Powder valley responded to an email I sent them.
"Hi Don,

Most items are showing out of stock because demand for components is still
very high. We are still receiving shipments but they are typically smaller
and because of the high demand, those shipments usually sell out within the
same day.

Thanks,"
Wow

When I sold stocks, I told people the key to making money was to buy low and sell high. The time to hoard was when Trump was in office. Of course we all knew he was going to get another term, so there was no rush. Now we are stuck hoarding at high prices.

Growing up, my dad taught me to always remember:

"Politics is the mechanism that decides who gets what when where why and for how much."

There certainly are political forces at work to limit our freedoms. I've brought that up here, on this site to have my posts deleted along with a mild chastisement for being "too political."

Everything is political. The question is when you have power how will you use it?

Growing up, my dad taught me to always remember:

"Politics is the mechanism that decides who gets what when where why and for how much."

There certainly are political forces at work to limit our freedoms. I've brought that up here, on this site to have my posts deleted along with a mild chastisement for being "too political."

Everything is political. The question is when you have power how will you use it?
There is a big difference between partisan politics and politics in general. To omit or disallow comments centered on politics in general that specifically targets us as shooters, hunters, and gun owners is in my opinion foolish...akin to an ostriches head in the sand. You are absolutely correct in that politics and ipso facto politicians governs who gets what, where, when and how much it's going to cost. To ignore those facts and prohibit discussion of them only helps those that seek to undermine us. We are free to criticize the business leaders of companies that make decisions that impact is directly such as the current situation with CVA muzzleloaders for instance but not our governmental leaders for the decisions they make that directly impact us? How does that serve us as a whole? I'm not trying to start trouble with our admins here and I'm not calling anyone out on anything...I'm just speaking my mind on the subject of free exchange of thoughts and ideas that affect us all here as long as they are respectful, and not personally critical. Cause and effect and monitoring both and who is behind both is all of our responsibility.
Thanks to all for their responses here!

Last edited:
The issue here is, imo, if we allow ANY political discussion then where does the line get drawn? What’s allowed and what isn’t? There are places to have political discussions about what affects this group but I for one hope politics remains 100% forbidden. Anywhere that I’ve been that allows any amount of political discourse eventually devolves into a shitshow for some if not all. Politics and religion are 2 things that shouldn’t be discussed amongst friends (or family) because eventually there won’t be any friends.

This is right up against the line of political discussion so no further please. This site is about muzzleloaders and this topic is about Hodgdon's response to to availability.

We have received numerous, and I mean many, compliments on keeping this website politic free. I am a member of several sites where politic discussion runs amuck and honestly it has ruined them. So, if you really want to post political posts please feel free to visit one of them.

Thanks for keeping politics out of our forum.

This is right up against the line of political discussion so no further please. This site is about muzzleloaders and this topic is about Hodgdon's response to to availability.

We have received numerous, and I mean many, compliments on keeping this website politic free. I am a member of several sites where politic discussion runs amuck and honestly it has ruined them. So, if you really want to post political posts please feel free to visit one of them.

Thanks for keeping politics out of our forum.
Fair enough. I was just expressing my opinion. I'm fully aware I'm just one in a group of many...policy is policy. I respect that.

Last edited:
209 is made out of this country. Why would it be a political issue? What threat do we Blackhorn users pose? The fastest way to put all of us out of business would be to destroy the civilian the primer market.

they already drove lead production out of the USA...

209 is made out of this country. Why would it be a political issue? What threat do we Blackhorn users pose? The fastest way to put all of us out of business would be to destroy the civilian the primer market.
I was referring to the overall shortage of ammo and handloading supplies. I can get blackhorn 209 at bass pro shops for $65. The problem is much bigger than most people realize. Search the web for 22wmr subsonic cartridges. Check powder valley. Their shelves are bare. They say they are getting small packages of supplies. That doesn't pass the smell tests

I’m probably going to come across as naive, sheltered, uneducated and downright dumb, but I don’t get it. When did everything suddenly turn into some big conspiracy? Sure, I think big picture there’s political influences contributing to the shortage. But more than anything I suspect a bunch of different factors came together at the right time to cause the shortages were seeing. Referring to BH209 specifically, it’s made in Canada. Canda was shut down as bad or worse than anywhere in the US. If we can’t get anyone to work here why would Canada be any better?
Not denying the shortage, but I can’t see it being political. Unless you think the government ultimately runs the powder/primer manufacturers. Why would the shooting sports industry intentionally ruin shooting sports? I don’t buy it’s a money thing. They could stock the shelves full today in every major store and I bet the shelves would be empty in a week at best. People will buy whatever they can get there hands on.
I don’t know. It’s frustrating but I can’t get myself to believe that this is some big government backed plan to get rid of guns. And I’m fully aware that the current administration would like to get rid of guns…
Hopefully that’s not considered political. It’s not supposed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back