Another Hodgdon Response to BH 209 Availability

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

billyboy*

Reaction score
5lb. Containers of BH 209 Needed

Since we do not manufacture this product, we have no control over how much is produced in a given year.
We have explored every option with our Blackhorn209 manufacturing partner to produce more product but we do not believe we will receive enough Blackhorn209 to satisfy consumer demand in 2022.
We know Blackhorn209 is the recommended powder for the CVA Paramount muzzleloader. Hodgdon is in the process of developing load data for Pyrodex and Triple 7 loose powder in the CVA Paramount and will release this data as soon as it is complete.
Hodgdon is committed to supplying propellants to muzzleloader hunting and shooting enthusiasts and will continue to do everything in our power to meet current demand.

I would recommend Pyrodex or Triple seven in the mean time

Thank You for using our powders!

Curtis Danielson
Customer Service Technician
Hodgdon Powder Company
6430 Vista Drive
Shawnee, Kansas 66218
[email protected]
913-745-0762

I hate to say "I told ya so" but I said when Hodgdon bought Western Powders you weren't going to like it. I don't believe Hodgdons line of apologetic BS for a minute. Low supply with high demand across the board with their products means more money in Hodgdons pocket.

Until there is competitive powder for BH 209 this "shortage" will be the norm.

Last edited:
Muzzleloaders deserve a powder that will substitute in place of blackhorn 209, they needed that powder even before covid and any of these shortages began,, Blackhorn was already too high price even before all of this as one who's had to change completely how I was shooting, and my future plans for shooting ,I hope something comes along and gives Black Horn some competition , I don't mean that in a mean way I understand hodgkins and the powers that be trying to make money,, necessity is the mother of invention ,I sure see it tremendous need,, and I would ask ,, how could any of the other powder companies not see this need? If I'm a young sales rep for Norma powders for instance and I'm analyzing the American market and my job is to have my finger on the pulse of that market how could I not see the potential here in a business conceptual sense.

I thought so too........until the smokeless powders disappeared & doubled in price. I found an old can of IMR 4895 in some of the fathers crap he packratted away. It had a price tag of 14.99.
I know what you mean I was just a click away from ordering a smokeless Encore barrel couldn't find a 45-70 CVA to convert and power disappeared I have lots of power but no data on what I have except one pound of IMR4198 not enough to even get started with. Have 4-5 Varget for 308 and such

I hate to say "I told ya so" but I said when Hodgdon bought Western Powders you weren't going to like it. I don't believe Hodgdons line of apologetic BS for a minute. Low supply with high demand across the board with their products means more money in Hodgdons pocket.

How much product are they currently selling/ shipping?? None? Even 3 times the normal price doesn’t make up for that.

You can say that they planned poorly, and didn’t order enough from their production plant, but they are not raking in the money by shipping no product.

I know what you mean I was just a click away from ordering a smokeless Encore barrel couldn't find a 45-70 CVA to convert and power disappeared I have lots of power but no data on what I have except one pound of IMR4198 not enough to even get started with. Have 4-5 Varget for 308 and such
There are plenty of guys in here with the reloading knowledge & computer program that would help you get on the right track with some load data if you post what you want to learn.

Reactions: HC

Absolutely right sir! I'm not buying that pile of horseshit for a second. They make it sound like Western owns Hodgdon instead of the other way around. This is yet another instance where an artificial shortage is created to boost profits. Pisses me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back