HOPKINS/ALLEN .45 Boot Pistol

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbowling2

Reaction score
HOPKINS/ALLEN .45 Boot Pistol

img_0412.jpg

img_0414.jpg

img_0413.jpg

I bought one of these in mint condition from my neighbor last year, it had been fired exactly 5 times.. he called me the other day and told me he had something to give to me, it is another one that's never been fired, has powder measure, ram rod and original shipping box from 1973.. these are neat little pistols and very accurate... he told me to do whatever I wanted with it so may sell it anyone know the actual value of one of these unfired w/original equip./box.. have seen them used for around 135-175 on auction sites..
img_0410.jpg

img_0411.jpg

img_0410.jpg

Re: HOPKINS/ALLEN .45 Boot Pistol

Sorry don't know why it did 2 sets of  pics..

I'd start at $325. The under hammer guns, especially the old ones like this have grown in market value.

John,
thanks didn't realize they were worth that much..

I sold one earlier this year and got 250.00 for it.

No used. Good condition. Where I live not very popular item. I was surprised mine sold at that price.  I agree with John on the starting price.

$135 ? ... Heck, I'll buy it right now at that price.

I remember one member we had on here for a short time. He made custom underhammers from scratch. They were beautiful but expensive.

The underhammers tend to sit for a long time on internet sites' classified section.
As nice as some are, I have been surprised at the low prices.
Ron

:cheers: :D :D I got lucky selling mine, a club member happens to love underhammers. He wanted the .45 pistol to go with a .45 underhammer rifle he bought a few weeks earlier. :D :cheers:

Back