Horney for a new rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Just as the topic says. Im in search of a new rifle and ive pinned it down but im having a hard time deciding...
54072.jpg

(looks awesome!!)
54071.jpg

(love a thumbhole but just am not sure)
54070.jpg

The way i see it, i can always buy the camo thumbhole seperate down the road if i get the SS/non T-hole camo model.

very nice looking rifles. I like the thumbhole model.

The problem with that is the stocks tend to be pretty expensive when you just buy the stock by itself. I know as I am looking for a T-Hole stock for my Optima Elite.

true. I think i am going to go with the non t-hole SS/black Accura. What the heck, i dont need no snazzy camo, just eye candy. But oh so pleasing :lol:

I have a Thumbhole stock and I love it. It also helps with the recoil.

THole

I looked at those when I was in search of.....................I tried that Thole and didn't get a real good feel on it. Just my preference i just wasn't comfy on that stock. I ended w/ the Pro Hunter thole stck, but of course I ended w/ the price tag as well. I stand about 6'4" so maybe LOP had something to do w/it. Good luck they are good looking gunss!

MLKeith said:
The problem with that is the stocks tend to be pretty expensive when you just buy the stock by itself. I know as I am looking for a T-Hole stock for my Optima Elite.

RIGHT! Best to get exactly what you want to start with! Much less expensive in the long run.. I like the T/H model too!

As it's already been said, buying stocks later is expensive. I've never liked that black speckled look that CVA has but the Camo one is sweet. Have you shouldered one of their thumbholes? I'd do that before I took the plunge.

Have not shouldered the t-hole, but the regular stock is very comfortable! Shot mine yesterday and it put two 300 grain Barnes with 100g of 777 and a black CR into the same hole at 100 yards... I mean the same hole, I had to look really hard to see that the first was slightly enlarged. Of course the third shot kicked out and screwed the group :roll: I think I'm going to start shooting two shot groups only! :wink:

A thumb hole stock that fits is a definite advantage, it gives you better trigger and recoil control. Granted some people are not comfortable with the that's why they make the regular ones too.
Like 6x6 said its best to get what you want to start with. Lee

FG, are you going to have to order is there a local dealer? I don't think you would be a bit displeased with the black/ss. I don't care for the thumbhole models.

Plus my black/ss is my favorite over my camo/ss by a very thin hair.

ACCRY!!! :D

Underclocked said:
FG, are you going to have to order is there a local dealer? I don't think you would be a bit displeased with the black/ss. I don't care for the thumbhole models.

Plus my black/ss is my favorite over my camo/ss by a very thin hair.

ACCRY!!! :D

im going to order from budsgunshop.com its only $334 shipped from them. I also am going with the ss/black non thumbhole. I was showing a friend and she kept hinting for me to hold off and then she finally gave in and said to get the cheapest one and maybe get the thumbhole later on :shock:

She just might be a keeper after all :lol:

Friends don't let friends choose their guns. 8) 8)

Finally "gave in"?!?! Dude...... :cry: :cry:

"Friends don't let friends choose their guns." Soooo true, but he is so far away that we don't have to worry much about hearing how "we made the decision" for him!!! LMAO!

I just went for it... and I am sure glad I did. I really like the CVA Accura in camo with the thumbhole stock.

Shot mine again today... on a cool clean barrel this gun has now shot three different bullets into literally one hole groups with 100g of 777... 300 XTP, Barnes 300 and today a 295 HP Powerbelt. This may just be the most accurate rifle I have ever owned.

:twisted: goodie! I wanted to get it so i could build up some knowledge of the bergara barrel and how they do with powerbelts.

frontier gander said:
:twisted: goodie! I wanted to get it so i could build up some knowledge of the bergara barrel and how they do with powerbelts.

Just when I had hopes for ya.... :cry:

Latest posts

Back