How ya doin from Northern Michigan

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Northern Michigan? Nice up here isn't it :)
We are blessed!
We’ve never been here before, and guess what. We’re never coming back. US 31 is about 75 yards away.

We’ve never been here before, and guess what. We’re never coming back. US 31 is about 75 yards away.
Sorry to hear about your experience. I would have to agree with ENCORE50A. I don't go near there unless its spring or fall, even then it's questionable. I take the back roads and stay away from people as much as I can.

That place is a zoo until a couple weeks after the kids go back to school. State Park??
Chicago crowd maybe? Big $ and big boats. When the GaTEkeepEr and I visit that area, we stay at miscellaneous B&B places outside of town (Leland, Suttons Bay, East Jordan) and of course the Grand Traverse Resort in Acme. Reason for Grand Traverse? It's only 10 or so miles from Elk Rapids, which is home to "Pearls New Orleans Kitchen". You you haven't been there, might want to give it a try. And check out the collection of differing hot sauces they have on the walls for display. They're from all over, many with hilarious labels like "Ass in the Snow"..

Chicago crowd maybe? Big $ and big boats. When the GaTEkeepEr and I visit that area, we stay at miscellaneous B&B places outside of town (Leland, Suttons Bay, East Jordan) and of course the Grand Traverse Resort in Acme. Reason for Grand Traverse? It's only 10 or so miles from Elk Rapids, which is home to "Pearls New Orleans Kitchen". You you haven't been there, might want to give it a try. And check out the collection of differing hot sauces they have on the walls for display. They're from all over, many with hilarious labels like "Ass in the Snow"..
My dad bought lake front on Little Torch at Attwood, not big Torch Lake. I've spent an awful lot of time on that side but, we built on the east side.
Caught my first two steelhead at Elk Rapids back in "66". Walked down and made the first cast and picked up a male. Second cast picked up the female. Elk Rapids has changed considerably over the years.
Fished Torch Lake a ton and picked up a lot of fish. Caught my first Atlantic there. Still have all my dad's journals and "hot spots" for Torch :)

Rarely do we go to the west side. Just WAY TO MANY PEOPLE. We only travel there when its necessary to purchase something we can't find anywhere else.

Welcome, from Eastern Oregon! Glad to hear that you are getting back into muzzleloading. Let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks folks for the kind reception. Not surprised there are so many from Michigan including the ‘ Yoopers ‘ which everybody here in Muskegon Whitehall area knows is a different province altogether. The land of ‘ Jack Pine Savages ‘ I was told when I moved here six years ago from NH. I’m certainly not in the best part of Michigan for sure but I can get there from here.

Actually I think your in a great part of Michigan. National forests, streams, lakes, minor population density. I live in the thumb. Probably a good thing cause I would be fishing all the time if I lived in your area. I didnt say it but Hunting, fishing, mushroom hunting, hiking, all kinds of outdoor entertainment there. Enjoy.

Welcome to the forum from Maine. Some say I'm old but I beg to differ.

Back