Hunt-Watch 2006!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
I thought I'd be a fun idea to have one single post for each of us to list our upcoming hunts! Just list your hunts and/or when you expect to start hunting!

For ME..I start out October 21st and 22nd for Kentuckys muzzleloading season. It's a two-day hunt only. I'm REALLY fired up about it and looking foward to it!

My first deer hunt is opening weekend of Tennessee's muzzleloader season November 4th, 5th and 6th in Crossville, Tenn....

NJ bow season from now until November

Vermont moose hunt Oct. 21st

Iowa muzzleloader during the first week of Jan. 2007

Mine will be the Indiana BOW opener on OCT 1st
Fly to South Dakota on the 2nd with a tour of the HS Precision Factory and get to the ranch in the afternoon in time to scout for Antelope and maybe even get one on the ground.
Oct 3rd hopefully find 2 good buffalos to kill one for me and one for a freind. then spend the rest of the time either hunting antelope or sightseeing.

Mine will be Bow on Sept 30th-Feb 2nd This will be my first bow season, so I really don't expect much but EXPERIENCE!

October 21,22 I will be in KY for the MZ season.. I am pretty excited and am having a hard time picking a gun and load. My Super91's are calling for me!!!!

December I will try my hand at Goose/Sea Ducks... That should be a hoot! Gonna give that Extrema a workout!!

Sprinkled in between will be some Ohio deer shotgun and mz days..

I feel blessed to have booked some good hunts with good friends I have made right here on this board!

Will be out with my crossbow September 1st. Then October 23-26 you'll find me in the Appalachian foothills for the early muzzleloader season. Then it's bowhunting the rut. Nov 27 kicks off the gun season. That lasts a week. In late December is the blackpowder season. All this plus some steelhead fishing, too. :p

Archery season started here on Sept 1. So far haven't had a chance to go. Too hot, Then too wet. Some days my hunting partner couldn't go, then I had something. It's all very frustrating :( . Muzzle loading starts Oct 2( Usually on Oct 1, but this year it's a Sunday). Rifle season starts near Nov 1 for draw season. Regular white tail starts in the middle of Nov for 3 weeks..

My brother and I just got back from a Elk Muzzle loader hunt.
We took a real nice 6x5 on public land. A White U-M with a 460 bullshop did the job.
Archery season is open and in a little while I will go out back need to shoot a doe before we can harvest a buck :cry:
Redclub

NJ deer seasons.
Vermont moose hunt Oct. 21st
December waterfowl hunt with bunch of great guys. :wink:
March - Hog Hunt
April - New Zealand
And anything in between.

First archery hunt was today on a WMA--I took off half a day from work and spent the morning in a treestand. Saw no deer, but had some snort at me after I got down and walked off the ridge. I've got five more days to hunt that WMA, and I've got two more trees marked, so hopefully one of them will produce.

For the first half of archery season (it's bow only until November 3), I've got three trees marked on a piece of public land open with the statewide season (Tract 1).

In the middle of October, I have a weekend hunt planned with some friends on their land up in North-Central Tennessee.

For the last part of October, I've got three trees marked on a second piece of public land (Tract 2), so I'll bowhunt there a little.

First weekend in November (expect this to be the beginning of the seeking phase), I'll ML hunt at Tract 1.

Second weekend in November (this should be the peak of the seeking phase/giving way to chasing), I'll ML hunt the WMA on Saturday, then bowhunt Tract 2 on Sunday. I may take off that Friday to hunt Tract 2 (ML or bow).

Third weekend in November (deer should be somewhere between chasing and actually breeding), I'll bowhunt and/or ML hunt at Tract 2 again. I'll take Friday, too, if I can.

The weekend after Thanksgiving, I've got a one-day scouting trip to a military reservation. I drew two bow hunts in the same sector on the first and third weekends in December. It's been under semi-QDM (antler restrictions and high doe harvest) for five years, and there are a lot of deer. Each permit allows 3 deer, no more than 1 antlered. This is definitely my prime hunt this year.

The second weekend in December, I have a permit to hunt another antler-restricted WMA (no doe harvests, though). But, I suspect I'll have to forego that trip to appease the wife by hosting a Christmas party that weekend.

In the late season (last weekend in December & first weekend in January) I may go with a friend to hunt an open WMA up in the Cumberland Mountains just south of the Kentucky border. Otherwise, I may try to slip out one last time to my honey hole on Tract 2.

Now, the truth of the matter is that--beyond a shadow of any doubt--wife, kids, and work will conspire to prevent me from hunting all those times. However, as long as I get to go most of those days in November (the rut) and the two hunts at the military reservation, I reckon it'll be okay if I miss some early season bow hunting or late season gun hunting.

Fall hunting will begin in Montana with a muzzleloading antelope hunt, along with a couple of Merriam turkeys. Then back home to Missouri and hunt the regular rifle deer season, with the Knight, and then the muzzleloader rifle deer season which follows. Somewhere along the way, I'll do a little goose hunting as well. Looking forward to it :D .

IndianaHunter said:
My first deer hunt is opening weekend of Tennessee's muzzleloader season November 4th, 5th and 6th in Crossville, Tenn....

Then...Deer hunting the last week of Indiana bow season and the first weekend of Indiana's general gun season on some new property full of great deer sign...
Then...Pheasent hunting over Thanksgiving weekend...

Then...Deer hunting opening weekend of Indiana's muzzleloader season...Humm which gun do I use :think:

Then... Goose and sea duck hunting out east with a few great friends...

More to come.....

Maybe a little early bow hunting,fall turkey and youth deer hunt with nephew,regular firearms,muzzleloader,and anterless seasons all with the knight disc extreme. Hopefully get in some ducks and geese in their somewhere.

Hey Kodiak we need to hook up and whack some big missouri honkers!!!

Deer Iowa Early Muzzleloader 10/14 - 10/22
Deer Iowa Shotgun I (with ML-II) 12/2 - 12/4
Elk New Mexico 12/9 - 12/13
Deer Iowa Late Muzzleloader 12/18 - 1/10
Deer Iowa Jan Anterless 1/11 - 1/21

There appears to be ample opportunity to hunt. There will undoubtedly be some pheasant hunting too.

Cob

Michigan's Archery Deer opens Oct 1, but my first outing will be Oct 5-7. Just marked my tree yesterday in an area that looks promising - we'll see.
Our General Gun season opens Nov. 15, and I hope to be there with some buddies for a couple of days. Could use my .308, but I'm thinking of carrying my new White Ultra Mag ML with 465 grain conicals.
Muzzleloading Season is the 2nd week of December, and I'll use my White for that.
After that - we start hoping the ice will form so we can go after Walleyes!

Deer season opens here in Idaho on Oct 10 and runs thru Nov 20. I will be hunting in last couple of weeks of the season with my new TC ProHunter.

Fred

Just Illinois firearm season here if Angie can get it off or we can find someone to watch Aidan. Nov 17th, 18th, 19th and Nov 30th, Dec 1st , 2nd, and 3rd.

Also quite possibly I might hunt the late firearm season also. That would be Jan 13th, 14th, and 15th I think. Permit apps should be out soon for this.

I'll be using my Disc Extreme .50 during the first two and either it or my Hawkeye during the last.

My Son's first hunt tonight

Today, Thursday will be my Son's first muzzle loading hunt tonight. He is 9 years old and just passed his hunter safety course. I am as excited as he is.

We have a feshly cut corn field and will be using a abanded barn as a ground blind. We have scouted the deer 3 evenings and they are coming out 20 minutes before dark. Just hope there is enought time for pictures.

My son has layed claim to my new T/C Pro Hunter and he is hitting clay birds at 100 yards with it. Good enough for minute of Whitetail.

I will post our scuucess...hopefully

Choc-Dog

Back