I can't catch a break!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
I have so much I want to write about and shoot some videos, and I can not catch a break! First its weather, now its a throat infection! Next week, they are calling for friggin snow!

Im about to pull the rest of my hair out lol

Sometimes these aggravations seem to occur in bunches. As for pulling out your hair, I can't identify with that.
Hope you get well soon.
Ron

Think of it this way Jon you could be old like me then even older like Ron. :lol:  and not have all the time left that you do to carry on with these writings. Ron has no hair to pull and all of mine is white and gray. I think about how many more times I might get to go hunting and then I think about just maybe there is someone worse off than me. Ya I know youve heard this before but cheer up young man it will all work out. Al

BigAl52 said:
I think about how many more times I might get to go hunting and then I think about just maybe there is someone worse off than me. Al
Yeah, like me!

Oh, to be 64 again. :cry:

Jon, hope you get well soon. 

The weather here is a mess.  Yesterday the high was over 90 degrees.  Today it will probably not hit 60.   Jumped the gun and planted a big food plot.   The seed will mostly likely rot in the ground.

ahhh thats a bummer Floyd! I was going to do a food plot too just for the fun of it, but this morning I woke up to 6" of snow. Oh well, the ground needs the moisture! I can wait till mid may or june to plant.

Well, I would welcome snow here just for the entertainment of watching Floridians lose their minds. :lol:

But, if you have a spare prayer, we could really use rain... We have forest fires, underground fires, and a drought. We need rain badly. The alligators are almost down to using Perrier Water. ;)

FrontierGander said:
ahhh thats a bummer Floyd! I was going to do a food plot too just for the fun of it, but this morning I woke up to 6" of snow. Oh well, the ground needs the moisture! I can wait till mid may or june to plant.

Good luck. We never could grow anything out there and count on natural moisture.

oneshot

lol very true. I ran a 1/2" poly pipe out back to run a few sprinklers. Its just a fun way to make use of the only flat spot on the property. Eventually I'll plant trees down there.

Our rainy season doesn't start until mid-June most years. I never plant a food plot or dove field until after the rains start.

It's so dry here that all the wildlife, birds, and insects are watering from my cow tank. I don't mind except for the yellow jackets.

patocazador said:
BigAl52 said:
I think about how many more times I might get to go hunting and then I think about just maybe there is someone worse off than me.  Al
Yeah, like me!

Oh, to be 64 again. :cry:
One thing about it Bob Ron and I will never catch up to you. I have a great friend whos 67 and I tease him all the time and call him the old man. He takes it all in fun. Cause YOUNG GUYS SHOULD HANG OUT WITH OLD GUYS CAUSE OLD GUYS KNOW SOMETHING.

10 years make a big difference, Al. At 64 I would get up at 3:30, take my boat 6 or 7 miles into a swamp, set out 2 dozen decoys and stand in the water shooting ducks.
Other days I was taking my bike in 2 or 3 miles on sugar sand trails and walking it out with a deer on it. Now I'd need a helicopter.

Ten years is for sure a big difference when you get old.When I was just 62 it was normal for me to put in a 70 hour week chasing drilling rig generator breakdowns all over south Texas . Driving hundreds of miles and then repairing them . Now a 7 hour week doing that would probably finish me off.

I'm 77 and on the 19th....I'm heading off for a turkey hunt with two of my grandsons!

GOD IS GOOD! :cheers: :Salute:

FrontierGander said:
Be safe Sharpsman! Take a camera with you to!
Been using the Iphone for a few years now! Always got a camera with me!

:cheers: :Red tup: :Salute:

Man, we are now almost at 24 hours of rain! I woke up today and looked outside, it was so dark and rainy it looked like it was 7pm!

Here's my home the way it is normally:

33453865413_0cfb01229e_b.jpg
Untitled by Sharps Man, on Flickr

Here's a photo taken a year ago from this past April after 30" of rainfall over a 48 hour period!

26708196045_66cc95cf9a_b.jpg
2016fld by Sharps Man, on Flickr

Home didn't flood because the water flowed over my driveway and went back west! Water got onto property because it came through a culvert under the highway because the lake east of my housesite got as high as I've ever seen it!

25375034900_1f785f50c3_b.jpg
Untitled by Sharps Man, on Flickr

Back