I Don't Get It?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched a video by Nosler about 2 weeks ago. Since before the Covid-19 pandemic started, people were panic purchasing anything firearms related. This was due to the upcoming elections. The Covid-19 lockdown, in conjunction with the political situation vis-a-vis potential firearms legislation, has added an estimated 5-7 MILLION new gun owners & shooters to the 50 million that existed prior to the Covid-19 mess.

That's a 10%-14% increase. That's significant.

Nosler is running three shifts, 24-7, and has been for some time. They have purchased new machinery, and hired new employees to both run the new equipment, and work the extra shifts. This is a new paradigm for them, as it is for the entire rest of the industry.

Americans EXPECT QUALITY, and won't settle for anything else. Everything in the entire firearms industry is predicated on precision and quality.

When center-fire ammunition & components for pistols, rifles, and shotguns started running out, a HUGE proportion of the 55-57 million of the hunters & shooters that were NOT involved in muzzleloading immediately turned their attention to a sport that they had previously ignored.

That's why those of us that have been involved long term in muzzleloading are having a real hard time finding components.

Most of these companies cannot find enough reliable help to hire for the positions that they have open. It's just that simple. Working in a real busy shipping department is tough work, and can suck big time. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. The entire firearms industry is swamped with orders and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.

Nosler predicted it will be another year before things get anywhere close to normal. And, that's without anymore panic buying due to political issues.

So, 2-6 weeks backlog in the company you are ordering from, and however long it takes for it to ship to your address from the address of the company that is shipping the product. That could be several days to several weeks.

This is the new normal. We just have to be patient, and rearrange our lives to take into account these longer shipping times. My meds from the VA now take, on average, an extra 5-7 days to reach me, once ordered. That's just how it is.

Just so everyone knows, I sent the 209 primers I had to edmehlig. thanks Smyrnagc, I'll do that next time instead of my number. I just sent them in a manilla envelope with bubble wrap inside? the post office asked questions, but none related to them so.....I'll let everyone know if I go to jail🤣

I have a high school age brother and sister help me with my yard and garden work. Both hard workers and smart as a whip. Today I offered them lunch and a soda. They said no thanks on the soda and their mom would drop off lunch. I asked why as they had taken some before. Said their coach told them no sodas 5 days before the meet. And the meet is Monday and Tuesday. They both belong to a shooting club and are first doing air rifles (that's the meet) , then 22 and then muzzleloaders. Practice has been limited as they are short on 177 pellets. I have a ton of 5mm and 22 pellets, but no 177, I'm going to look real hard for 177s as these kids are hard workers, they make my life easier and I believe in programs like this. Their sister works in some indoor shooting range in Culpepper va. So I assume its connected to that.

Just so everyone knows, I sent the 209 primers I had to edmehlig. thanks Smyrnagc, I'll do that next time instead of my number. I just sent them in a manilla envelope with bubble wrap inside? the post office asked questions, but none related to them so.....I'll let everyone know if I go to jail🤣
might not admit to doing it on a public forum that can be seen by everyone as that will greatly increase your odds of going to jail, just saying.

might not admit to doing it on a public forum that can be seen by everyone as that will greatly increase your odds of going to jail, just saying.
I agree, and I wouldn't have, but the the postmaster or what he is, asked me if it was this that or the other thing and it wasn't, so I've done nothing wrong. The jail comment was a joke.

If anyone is interested, there are plenty of 209 primers available on gun broker, you may not like the price , but available

Latest posts

Back