I need a new smokepole!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chwebmaker said:
After talking with Jeff at Bestill Creations, I'm leaning towards having him build me a gun. Any thoughts on his work.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Been really pleased with the ones he has done for me . They are top quality and super accurate.

I purchased one of bestills personal Rem 700 ml rifle conversions. It shoots well, took a nice buck 2 years in a row with it.

chwebmaker said:
It's official. Jeff will be building my new smokeless pole!
Good choice :). You going with a Remington platform or an Omega platform ?
.45 I assume but are you going 1:18 or 1:20 ?

UPDATE Re: I need a new smokepole!!

I wanted to give everyone an update my search for a new muzzle loader. Jeff Fisk (Bestill Creations) made me a smokeless muzzle loader using a CVA APEX 45/70. I told Jeff I wanted the rifle to have less recoil than my Knight KP1 that shot 120gr 777. Jeff added a muzzle brake to the rifle and even my son says it has less recoil than his 243! My only complaint is that the Apex shoots better than many of my other rifles. We just got back from the range today and we had two 1/2" groups at 100 yards. I'm looking forward to shooting longer distances in a few weeks. Thanks for everyone's recommendations and for steering me to Jeff. And by the way, I have found it to be a rare occurance when dealing with someone that provides exceptional customer service and Jeff exceeded my expectations. Exceptional communication, taking the time to thoroughly answer my questions, following up with me on numerous emails and phone calls, it is clear that Jeff is dedicated to making sure his customers have a great experience. Thanks again everyone!

nX4YdC5.jpg

Re: UPDATE Re: I need a new smokepole!!

chwebmaker said:
I wanted to give everyone an update my search for a new muzzle loader. Jeff Fisk (Bestill Creations) made me a smokeless muzzle loader using a CVA APEX 45/70. I told Jeff I wanted the rifle to have less recoil than my Knight KP1 that shot 120gr 777. Jeff added a muzzle brake to the rifle and even my son says it has less recoil than his 243! My only complaint is that the Apex shoots better than many of my other rifles. We just got back from the range today and we had two 1/2" groups at 100 yards. I'm looking forward to shooting longer distances in a few weeks. Thanks for everyone's recommendations and for steering me to Jeff. And by the way, I have found it to be a rare occurance when dealing with someone that provides exceptional customer service and Jeff exceeded my expectations. Exceptional communication, taking the time to thoroughly answer my questions, following up with me on numerous emails and phone calls, it is clear that Jeff is dedicated to making sure his customers have a great experience. Thanks again everyone!

nX4YdC5.jpg

Extremely nice setup you have there. It don't surprise me a bit about the Bergara Barrels accuracy, or the guy that put it together for you. Outstanding outfit there!

What scope rail and rings did you go with? Love that rifle!

Scope is a Leupold VX-5HD CDS-ZL2 3x15-44mm. Rail and Rings are EGW. All of which were recommended by Jeff. It's been a while since I've bought a Leupold scope. I must admit the scope is very nice and I really like that you can send the the dial to Leupold to have it customized for your specific loads/yardage.

Top notch components, by a top notch builder. What more could a guy ask for?

Enjoy!

Very nice gun!

And good shooting too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shoot a TC Strike, with a Harvester 45 cal. 300 grain PT gold bullet and Harvester crushed rib sabot, propelled by 84.0 grains by weight of Blackhorn 209 muzzleloader powder, ignited by CCI 209 muzzleloader primer.

I shoot over a field of sugar beets that is 237 yards corner to corner. I would not want to be a buck there when I am in my stand.

Latest posts

Back