ice fishing

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backwoodsman1

Reaction score
Where we live it seldom freezes enough to ice fish, but once it did so we went up on the mountain to fish for trout. We had about two feet of snow, and the lake was open in the middle and only about four to five inches of ice at the shore. We were . there deciding whether of not to go out on the ice when a game warden came by and chewed on us for even thinking of it. I wasn't to happy about being called a fool, but didn't reply.  He left finally. So we wentout a ways and cut some holes, and boy was the fishing good.  We were doing well, only needed a couple more for our limit when this young game warden drives up and wants me to come ashore to check my license. I told him I was busy and if he wanted to check my license to come on out. He starts out and the breeze had a few little waves going and now and then a crack would come all the way to shore. One shot to shore right between the warden's feet. Scared him, so he hollers and says to have a nice day and runs for shore, hops in his pickup and left. Sure was funny.

I'm in Wi. and take 2 weeks to Ice Fish in northern MN. for perch, just love it. There are times we have had 4 ft. of ice up there. If you want to **** your pants you should be out there when an ice heave let lose, we had one on Big Winnie last year that was 3-4 miles wide by 9 miles up the west side of the lake.

That was a funny story backwoodsman.  If a Minnesota game warden asked you to come ashore, you start heading to shore.  They definitely would not leave.  :D

I guess we don't get enough snow and ice so the game wardens feel at east on the ice. I'd never been checked before when on the ice. Don't know if the law says I have to come ashore or not. That just popped out without thinking. anyway, he didn't like the ice.

Smokin' Joe said:
That was a funny story backwoodsman.  If a Minnesota game warden asked you to come ashore, you start heading to shore.  They definitely would not leave.  :D
 So, let them wait until you're done fishing. Just don't break any rules. :lol!:

Latest posts

Back