Improving accuracy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of the suggestions made are good: there are a couple of things, I had one of those Konus scopes and it had parallax that could be the problem. also try different bullet and sabot combinations. The bullet sabot combination should require both hands to push it down the barrel but know more or less.

Let me see if i got this right

You are shooting a 305gr cast grease groove bullet in a MMP 50x44 sabot and not happy with a 2.5" 100yard group?

Check out AP2020 posts on his Wolf from a couple months ago, could maybe pick up a couple ideas he tried

Yep, I do understand that weight and volume are different. Thank you very much for watching my back. I have already weighed the volumes so I have those numbers.

Put a good scope on the rifle just for the sake of working uploads and testing for accuracy, when you find the best combination take the scope off put your sights back on it and start practicing, I'm sure you've played with different primers also

this one thing I do know when you're shooting a rifle that light if you're not really consistent with how you're holding that gun every time and how you're absorbing the recoil and the rifle jump it's really going to mess with your groups,I love to watch guys shoot those lightweight rifles standing back a few feet of course. I'm good for about three groups and then it's over for me

I bought a pellet gun in January. Ive put 4 tins of 500 pellets through it. I have 14 rifles/scopes and reload ammo for all of them. I shoot groundhogs/targets at every opportunity. I have shot thousands and thousands of rounds over the years. Im not a stranger to the trigger. I am a stranger to tweaking a muzzle loader. That is the question really. How do I get greater accuracy out of a muzzle loader?

I bought a pellet gun in January. Ive put 4 tins of 500 pellets through it. I have 14 rifles/scopes and reload ammo for all of them. I shoot groundhogs/targets at every opportunity. I have shot thousands and thousands of rounds over the years. Im not a stranger to the trigger. I am a stranger to tweaking a muzzle loader. That is the question really. How do I get greater accuracy out of a muzzle loader?
If all else fails you may have to buy a higher end ML

Just like tweaking your rifles, only 1 step at a time . I ladder test my powder 5 gr at a time. from the bottom up. then when I satisfied with w charge I may go up or down 2 gr at a time. then maybe try different primers. I also weigh all my charges. If your casting weigh your bullets . If your buying bullets weigh them all. Go thru all your variables one at a time. That's about it. Just like your smokeless guns!

I just got a deposit for 5 weeks of unemployment yesterday. That was the first thing I thought of.
Nice when great minds think alike. 🙂

With that said , any suggestions??????
I love the Accura. And Knights are awesome. Cant go wrong with either imho. Reasonable prices for nice used ones, too.

Find a donor 700 action,, hankins remage barrel,, no break just shoot blackhorn in it,, if you're frugal you can put all that together for around $1,000,, Rob the scope off one of your other rifles ,, size bullets for that 45 bore or load some 40 cals. and light blue sabots

My buddy's Optima v2 rifle is a tack driver for him. His load is 100 grains BH, under a 240 grain power belt. I think he uses polymer tipped ones.
I would try some different bullets before I'd lay out a bunch of money for a new gun.
Although, a new gun would be nice, Lol.

Latest posts

Back