I've found the cure for hawken/renegade stock cracking!??? Hopefully

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
correct, that was one of the first things i checked when i got mine,, (read about that on this site sometime before i got my renegade) ,,, there should be virtually no energy transferred into lock upon firing. (i noticed the crack on the inside when i first got the walnut 54 cal. too many people over tighten all screws!! the first thing i did when i got each of these was disassemble to check out what was hiding underneath.... I'll probably bed both mine.. though its my least favorite gunsmithing activity,, the lam stock has a chip at very end of the tang, (small & looks repaired) .... though i'm sure it's settled now, & lam stocks are hard as a rock already.. Also,, i just noticed brownell's has lyman tang peep sight in stock!! so i ordered one of those for it... i've got to quit this ml spending! By the way, how much of your barrel did you bed?
I bedded the tang and barrel to the wedge and free floated the rest. Works great đź‘Ť

Latest posts

Back