Jim Shockey Gold?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some in powder form, 3F and it seemed fine to me. Shot good and had plenty of power.

have maybe half a pound of Shockey's gold left. i'll try anything.
5-10 years old. still goes bang if i load it.
i got a deal about 15 years ago on original clean shot. $5 a pound and bought 5 pounds. thought id never burn through it made a thunder mug . 5lbs lasted 5, 4th of Julys! and 10 birthday parties.

I live in the southwest, so humidity isn't really a problem here. If I lived in a wetter climate, I'd put a pack of silica gell in with my powder after I opened it. I've read that the British navy would lay their wet black powder out on a sail in the sun to dry it. Those guys had more riding on their powder on their powder going boom than we do. I got a deal on Black MZ powder and stocked up a couple of years ago. It tends to clump and it comes with the silica pack inside the can. It seems to shoot the same as my 777 which costs almost 3 times as much.

I live in the southwest, so humidity isn't really a problem here. If I lived in a wetter climate, I'd put a pack of silica gell in with my powder after I opened it. I've read that the British navy would lay their wet black powder out on a sail in the sun to dry it. Those guys had more riding on their powder on their powder going boom than we do. I got a deal on Black MZ powder and stocked up a couple of years ago. It tends to clump and it comes with the silica pack inside the can. It seems to shoot the same as my 777 which costs almost 3 times as much.
Everybody lives in a high humidity, wetter climate when it's raining or snowing. ;)

Wow, never heard that. I have not watched any Shockey videos in years, why the hate?
Because he does not give true reviews or stories. He will say or promote anything he is paid to do. I can't stand that.

Because he does not give true reviews or stories. He will say or promote anything he is paid to do. I can't stand that.
The fact is he is a successful marketing genius and when he shoots stuff I actually see it die/bleed or otherwise depicted as deceased ! I might add again successful to his accomplishments not limited to world travel/recognition /tv show /outfitter and a pretty fair shot with a muzzle loader (not so much with a bow ) probably a trophy room that has limited space ! I don"t know you but I wonder what you have done in life that you can look down /criticize the above accomplishments with anything to compare ? just asking /Ed

Latest posts

Back