Knight Littlehorn primer issues

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryceo13

Reaction score
Anytime the primer is ignited it blows the primer out of the plastic jacket. I’ve tried to shoot with the breech plug safety all the way out, as well as barely far enough out for the hammer to hit the primer. Everything has been taken apart, cleaned, and put back together the way I always have, the breech plug itself is clean as can be, but the primers are basically going off outside of the fun instead of going through it. Happens when the gun is loaded and actually firing and when it’s empty only shooting primers through it. Anyone had any issues with this or any suggestions of what to do?

First off, Welcome to the Forum!! This is a Great Forum full of knowledgeable folks willing to jump in and Help :yeah: For future reference You should have posted this in the inline sub forum, You will get more Responses :yeah:

How many time do you reuse the plastic jackets?
I only use them 2 times and throw it away it sounds like you got a loose fit on the primer to jacket do the primer go in the jacket snug or loose?

What powder have you been shooting? Has this just started or has it been since day 1?

I figured it out. The trigger and plunger weren’t aligned quite right somehow. Took it back apart and reassembled it three times and it worked perfect every time. Not sure what I had wrong the first few try’s. Thanks for the input!

Hummmmm ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back