Knight Peregrine Barrel WTF!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know others have complained about the inconsistent Peregrine barrels. I guess I had to see it to believe it. I'm trying to size some Fury's. The bullet free-falls down the barrel for the first 19 inches. Then with decent force, i can push it down another 5 inches, but to get it to exit the breech, I basically have to tap the ram rod with a dead blow hammer. This is with a clean bore. I don't know how tall my powder column will be yet, but I'm guessing it will be 4-5 inches. Shooting BH209.

Should I go try it out on a fouled bore and see how it goes, or should I wait until I talk to Knight about it on Monday? I already sent the dang thing back once for stock issues.

32244-9041c6194368452dac5f037e5e828f07.jpg
Shoots groups like this does it make any difference?
Have you ever fired a group yet

View attachment 36674
Shoots groups like this does it make any difference?
Have you ever fired a group yet
My one-shot groups were perfect 😜.
In all honesty, I shot 4 ELR's to get sighted in and to verify headspace was good, which it was. My first two shots with sized Fury's were touching one another. The third was a 1.5" high, but some of that could be me, and the constant interruptions of people coming and going at the range made it difficult to get into a good rhythm. I shot two groups that were almost identical to one another (different charges). I definitely think it has a lot of potential. I am not displeased with the initial results.

With a fouled bore the bullets only free-fall down the bore for 10-12 inches, which is hard to get used to, but if the results are good, I can accept that. At least a bullet starter is not required.

The rifle feels good to shoot. I love the stock.

I know you have had great results with just about everything you have put through it. In fact, some of your posts were what tipped the scale for me to buy the thing in the first place.

Latest posts

Back