Knights prices

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Muley Hunter said:
I think he was busting on me. I agree you have to pay for quality, but you don't want to over pay.

I agree, but all the Knights are over priced, i dont care what trigger they use or anything else for that matter except the Ultralite. The Ultralite is in a class of its own. Its very easily worth what they are selling it for.

I'll never see one, but you might right the way you and Mike praise them.

Got a lot more replies than I figured. I own half a dozen Knights and love them all. But I was very shocked at the changes. I'll look around and see what I can find or possibly find someone who wants to trade barrels

Yotehunter243 said:
Got a lot more replies than I figured. I own half a dozen Knights and love them all. But I was very shocked at the changes. I'll look around and see what I can find or possibly find someone who wants to trade barrels

I am wondering if you took a look at the price of a replacement barreled action for you current stock...

You can get an new stainless barreled action - then use your current parts to complete the rifle...

http://www.knightrifles.com/product/dis ... er-barrel/

there a nib knight extreme on gunbroker fore sale 299 item# 588914619 WORM

sabotloader said:
Yotehunter243 said:

I am wondering if you took a look at the price of a replacement barreled action for you current stock...

You can get an new stainless barreled action - then use your current parts to complete the rifle...

Yes sir that is actually what I was looking at doing. I was thinking they used to be $249. A barrel

"Their pricing themselves out of the game... "

TC, Knight and all the others have done it to themselves and proof that inferior products such as CVA and Traditions excel in the vacuum left by Knights first implosion and now TC's lost interest. Knight cranking the price up is simply foolish, when you can have something even better custom built for the same price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cljihnson24 said:
"Their pricing themselves out of the game... "

TC, Knight and all the others have done it to themselves and proof that inferior products such as CVA and Traditions excel in the vacuum left by Knights first implosion and now TC's lost interest. Knight cranking the price up is simply foolish, when you can have something even better custom built for the same price.

Right or even NIB old stock for much less than half price from the classifieds or gunbroker etc .
For the retail price they are wanting I would definite go custom instead for sure .

cljihnson24 said:
"Their pricing themselves out of the game... "................

I tend to disagree to a point. There are different levels of rifles which different people prefer to own. The majority of muzzleloaders are extended season hunters. These hunters want what they can hit a paper plate with at 100yds and are very happy with a less costly rifle. Yes, that's the biggest market share. Wal-Mart sells a ton of them. Then there are others who may want a more intermediate rifle with more quality and expected accuracy. The are not happy with just hitting a pie plate at 100yds and expect smaller groups. Then there's the next group of shooters who expect much more than either of the other two groups of shooters, and are willing to spend much more for a rifle capable of doing so.

Now what many don't take into consideration when it comes to building and/or selling these custom built rifles, and that's the overall business level. They build single rifles, selling them to individuals, whereas larger companies have more overhead and costs. One major cost most likely not considered is insurance. I would hate to be the individual building a couple rifles in my basement or garage a year, then selling one to someone and that someone end up rupturing a barrel and being injured or worse. Without insurance, that builder could lose everything he/she has, or ever may have. Now I know where this is going to go but, all it takes is a good lawyer and it doesn't make a difference rather the shooter was right or wrong. It'll tie the builder up in court for years and he/she will pay through the ask for his own attorney. Win, lose or draw.

Yotehunter243 said:
sabotloader said:
Yotehunter243 said:

Yes sir that is actually what I was looking at doing. I was thinking they used to be $249. A barrel

I believe you are correct but Knight has gone to tighter contractual specs on the barreled actions they get from Green Mountain. I would then assume that that would cost Green Mountain more to produce leading to an increase in the contract price. Then add that to possible increase of raw materials price and.... well you might come up with $50 difference.

sabotloader said:
Yotehunter243 said:
sabotloader said:

I believe you are correct but Knight has gone to tighter contractual specs on the barreled actions they get from Green Mountain. I would then assume that that would cost Green Mountain more to produce leading to an increase in the contract price. Then add that to possible increase of raw materials price and.... well you might come up with $50 difference.
Ya I can see $50 over a few years. I just wanting to get back to the .50 for simplicity of getting bullets at the store. I may just break the MK85 out of retirement this winter.

Yotehunter243 said:
Ya I can see $50 over a few years. I just wanting to get back to the .50 for simplicity of getting bullets at the store. I may just break the MK85 out of retirement this winter.

ya know it is awful darn hard to beat a MK-85

But, also there are more and more .458 (45-70) bullets showing up in re-loader boxes that will load into your 52 with the grey sabot. The Sierra .458x300 HP Pro Hunter is a darn good bullet for a really decent price if you want to stay out of the higher priced 458's.

https://www.sierrabullets.com/store/pro ... 0-gr-HP-FN

Are the new ones with ALL these minimal improvements....ANY better than the old ones. Ok ow my old ones don't have blowback issues:)

sabotloader said:
Yotehunter243 said:

ya know it is awful darn hard to beat a MK-85

But, also there are more and more .458 (45-70) bullets showing up in re-loader boxes that will load into your 52 with the grey sabot. The Sierra .458x300 HP Pro Hunter is a darn good bullet for a really decent price if you want to stay out of the higher priced 458's.

https://www.sierrabullets.com/store/pro ... 0-gr-HP-FN

I currently reload for a 450-bushmaster. 452 bullet and a 458 socom. So lots of bullets I guess lol

Back