Lead bullets in a sml

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would seem to me if the bullet/sabot combo is tight it all binds when the trigger is pressed, and with pure lead it expands to force engagement of rifling by sabot and properly sized PP it engages without a sabot and like the paper patch the sabot once past the muzzle disengages or PP turns to confetti as no one looks for sabot strikes in their target/hitch hikers not welcome. Left is a 45 maxi and right is a300gr paper patched without the patch 40 cal (accurate mold) I use with a 50x40 Harvester sabot / left is a unlubed 45cal maxi again in a Harvester50x45 sabot These are the 2 combos I shoot target @200 yd and 150 yds hunting with my CVA V2 pocket Rocket over 80 gr OE 3F or 70 -75 gr BH209 weighed no knurling needed here /Ed
Do you get any expansion on the one to the right? Have you tried it as a hollow point?

Would seem to me if the bullet/sabot combo is tight it all binds when the trigger is pressed, and with pure lead it expands to force engagement of rifling by sabot and properly sized PP it engages without a sabot and like the paper patch the sabot once past the muzzle disengages or PP turns to confetti as no one looks for sabot strikes in their target/hitch hikers not welcome. Left is a 45 maxi and right is a300gr paper patched without the patch 40 cal (accurate mold) I use with a 50x40 Harvester sabot / left is a unlubed 45cal maxi again in a Harvester50x45 sabot These are the 2 combos I shoot target @200 yd and 150 yds hunting with my CVA V2 pocket Rocket over 80 gr OE 3F or 70 -75 gr BH209 weighed no knurling needed here /Ed
Have you shot it at smokeless speeds? What is the weight of it? 300gr?

Have you shot it at smokeless speeds? What is the weight of it? 300gr?
Close enough @ 299/299/5 and doubt it seriously shooting CVA V2 pistol/Rifle and TC Renegades . Gets a little warmer I will get the chrono out , @ 18 degrees today it's an effort just draggin the stuff down the street to shoot !
I suspect 14/1500 fps tops but let me get back to you on that , note the nose on that (with pure)FN @200 thru and thru and rolling my own hardness for yardage /game is a choice I have

Attachments

• IMG_0619[1].JPG
    IMG_0619[1].JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Back