N110 load

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to run by my LGS to check out the N110 supply maybe buy a couple more lbs.

I ordered 2lbs and will get more if it shoots well in my gun. The store I go to said they don’t sell very much N110 so they don’t stock it anymore, but it is readily available through one of their suppliers. They had to order the N120 for me a couple of weeks ago also.

Now that I am having eye surgery,I plan to get out to the range quicker.I did not want to go out and waste pwder and bullets not knowing where I was hitting.Our muzzleloader season starts in Dec. as well but some times I like to use my mzl during gun season which opens on the 18th of this month.

I was able to get out for a quick range session. 32g of N110 seemed to group the best for me. I was shooting a 195g Barnes in a HLBS with a veggie wad between the powder and sabot. More testing required though.

A strange thing happened on my last shot with 33g. I did everything the same as far as loading and and aiming(from a sled) and I did not hit the target at all. I did find the sabot and half of the petals were blown off. I know the charge was 33g because a double checked when I weighed them out earlier in the week.

I was able to get out for a quick range session. 32g of N110 seemed to group the best for me. I was shooting a 195g Barnes in a HLBS with a veggie wad between the powder and sabot. More testing required though.

A strange thing happened on my last shot with 33g. I did everything the same as far as loading and and aiming(from a sled) and I did not hit the target at all. I did find the sabot and half of the petals were blown off. I know the charge was 33g because a double checked when I weighed them out earlier in the week.
You probably hit the tipping point where the full grain jump was too much for the sabot to handle. I’m relatively new to this smokeless muzzy stuff and when I start looking at increased charges I step up only 2/10s of a grain at a time and I fetch the sabots used with each increase in charge. I’m pretty conscious of pressures with this stuff and it sounds to me like you’re getting a little hot.

Using sabots, i only shoot on a cool/warm barrel. I never shoot sabot in a hot barrel ! Sabots get soft n will blow out, i also use dry wool wads to help seal so its not hitting sabot bottom after barrel has gotten a bit too warm. On a cold barrel i can shoot up to 22 gr. Blue dot, 37 gr VV110 n 38 gr 4759.

Latest posts

Back