Leaving gun over nite in the woods??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't leave my weapon in the woods (just in case someone stumbles upon it). I do leave my weapon and my outer garments in the cow barn to hopefully end up smelling like cow rather than me.

If you were to leave a unattended weapon in the woods overnight and it was found you could find yourself in a lot of trouble with the local PD in a lot of places I hunt just not worth the trouble

Never, ever, ever, would I leave my weapon unattended. Not even in the truck overnight. My weapons are never out of my control.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I have left my bow and my gun up in a tree. It's on my own property . I only do it if I know I'm gonna go back to that stand in the morning . I have a long hike and someone would have to be trespassing also would have to find the tree stand in the dark because I'm gonna be back in the morning . I'm not saying it's a good idea but have done it .

Absolutely NO!!! Too many variables.

Dougs136Schwartz said:
I have left my bow and my gun up in a tree. It's on my own property . I only do it if I know I'm gonna go back to that stand in the morning . I have a long hike and someone would have to be trespassing also would have to find the tree stand in the dark because I'm gonna be back in the morning . I'm not saying it's a good idea but have done it .

I have done this exact thing numerous times. Never had an issue until I walked up on some hogs bedded down below the tree where the weapon was left. Had to shoo they away to get into the tree.

Latest posts

Back