Leaving tomorrow

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vaal rhebucks?, mountain reedbucks, klipspringers?, leopards?

For me, any of the above including one of those mountain-climbing elands. :twisted:

Pato I know some guy there also have Elk to hunt , good area for Eland as well.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wQRbAUts0J8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I'll have my brother in law type up the story maybe tonight. Im having trouble with my laptop due to a smart drive failure and so my video editing was extremely hard to complete due to it constantly shutting off. I was able to put together an ok video but it skips out the other hunter stalking us and us running across a 5x5 bull elk on a ridge line 200 yards above us. Once i get the hard drive replaced I can make a new video to put up.

yes off hand, no other choice! Trust me, what happened on this hunt was just crazy and not cool for the other hunter and what he tried doing. We'll get the story soon!

:D 

Great job by both of you guys Jon. Video came out really good. Great off hand shot to go along with a great buck :!: :!:  Congrats once again :cheers: 

Ray.......;)

Nice video and an awesome shot!

I may have missed it, but curious what the range was? (200?)

I think he said 75 yds on the video, but he shot it offhand, so it was a good shot. Plus, he took a neck shot. Which is a small target.

Pato most of us tend to go to the range and shoot for that magical 1" group and never bother to think that we have to practice other positions as well.

Spitfire said:
Most guys can't hit the broad side of a barn shooting off hand :)
I know, but I practice it a lot. I love it, and use it in hunting 90% of the time.The other 10% will be off a knee. I never use any kind of rest.

It's what my dad taught me, and I never saw a reason to change.

Hunting when the grass is high we have no other option but to shoot off hand

Spitfire said:
Hunting when the grass is high we have no other option but to shoot off hand
  Most African hunts I see use tall sticks in the standing position.

Except for those elephant hunters who have balls the size of basketballs, and wait until the elephant is charging before they shoot.

Muley said:
I think he said 75 yds on the video, but he shot it offhand, so it was a good shot. Plus, he took a neck shot. Which is a small target.
Wow. That sure "looked" further than 75 yds! I guess video can be a little deceiving.

Latest posts

Back