Lehigh DISC Extreme - Elite Parts

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It probably IS a Lehigh made bare primer plug. With the soldered in vent liner. It came with a bare primer kit bolt conversion kit that i nought from Knight. But it looks like its made from dif metal. I won't be using it. GregK, if you want this one I will send it to you.
Unless it wont wont fit the .52.

You didnt have the ORIGINAL Knight bare primer conversion did you? Those were not made by Lehigh. All current plug parts are made by Lehigh but Knight had them many years before that too.

Not sure. It came with the gun. The bolt adapter looks like any other I’ve ever had. It was a bare primer plug but has a convex face on it

It probably IS a Lehigh made bare primer plug. With the soldered in vent liner. It came with a bare primer kit bolt conversion kit that i bought from Knight a couple years ago, maybe. But it looks like its made from dif metal. I won't be using it. GregK, if you want this one I will send it to you.
I appreciate it and if I need to I will take you up on your offer. The original plug that I am replacing had a convex face. With the small hole. No vent liner

The new plug has the replaceable vent liner

my mountaineer used a soldered vent liner originally

Not sure. It came with the gun. The bolt adapter looks like any other I’ve ever had. It was a bare primer plug but has a convex face on it

IIRC compared side by side, the lip that retains the primer is thicker on the old Knight adapter. Sabotloader had a pic but photobucket ate it.
Here is a pic of mine i just bought from Lehigh.
yRHIU5G.jpg

v80KTnT.jpg

Last edited:
In the first pic from left to right is the Mountaineer plug, the plug that came with the 52 disc extreme, and the new Lehigh plug, pick a number two is trying to measure the plug that came with it. It’s difficult because of the convex face
3 is the Lehigh replacement plug, Five is a mountaineer plug.
If you look at pick a number six and number eight you can see the original plug all the way in to the adapter and then the Lehigh plug just short of being able to go in all the way

IIRC compared side by side, the lip that retains the primer is thicker on the old Knight adapter. Sabotloader had a pic but photobucket ate it.
Here is a pic of mine i just bought from Lehigh.
yRHIU5G.jpg
Now maybe that’s a possibility

Will the bolt close WITHOUT the adapter in the bolt?
Will the bolt close WITHOUT the adapter in the bolt and a primer in the plug?

If so did it crush the primer....best to do this part with only the bolt body...No internals. You get a better feel that way.

Will the bolt close WITHOUT the adapter in the bolt?
Will the bolt close WITHOUT the adapter in the bolt and a primer in the plug?

If so did it crush the primer....best to do this part with only the bolt body...No internals. You get a better feel that way.
Ii closes easily with a gap without adapter in bolt
I’ll have to pull the plug, prime it, re-install it & check to see if it will close

Just for giggles try your Mountaineer bolt also.

I have an Elite bolt and a GMB54-120 bolt. Some bolts will be slightly tighter/looser than others.

Depending on where on the lip you measure it,.....it should be around .044-.050 thick
I’ll measure & see
I dont think a Moutnaineer plug will close at all in an Extreme....Im betting its the old style Knight non FPJ adapter that is causing it.
yeah Mountaineer plug is definitely longer
So far that’s really the only thing that makes sense, the old-style adapter that is. As soon as I can get back downstairs I’ll measure it

Sorry, i meant that i would buy a Mountaineer so i could take some measurements. I've always wanted one. Have to sell some stuff first.
Anyway, i thought that the original Knight breech plugs are the same length and the bolts are the same (roughly) length and that the Mountaineer used a longer breech plug because it has a dif bolt. I only have Knight originals converted to extreme. No Mountaineer yet.

I can swap bolts from DISC Original to Mountaineer...more or less. Sometimes its a little loose or a little tight but they will function with the right plug in them. My FPJ bolts are both really tight in my Mountaineer. One is from an Elite and the other is from my GMB54 (Extreme). The adapter though will run into some clearance problems with my new Lehigh plug. Still working the bugs out of that one but its doable. Best i can measure is its .015 too tight to clear on mine.

All Knight bolts (Extreme or newer) are basically the same. The plugs however are not.

Depending on where on the lip you measure it,.....it should be around .044-.050 thick

I just got a chance to measure it and that has to be the difference. The thickness of the primer shoulder strap measures approximately .090 although it’s hard to get in there because my calipers are a little too big but when I slide the new plug into the bolt adapter the gap between the hex head and the back of the bolt adapter appears to be about .045

Last edited:
Thats it.....you got a old Knight FPJ adapter...swap it for a Lehigh and you should be set. I would actually get 2 just in case you lose one. I did that once. Dropped in the grass and never found it.

Your Mountaineer bare primer bolt should work. Might be too loose but it should close into battery and fire a primer.

OK i dug out my old Knight bare primer conversion. The primer "shelf" is way thicker on the original Knight adapter. Roughly twice as thick

Knight on the left....Lehigh on the right.
5ALELL0.jpg

kzKZy0f.jpg

Back