Lehigh DISC Extreme - Elite Parts

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK i dug out my old Knight bare primer conversion. The primer "shelf" is way thicker on the original Knight adapter. Roughly twice as thick

Knight on the left....Lehigh on the right.
5ALELL0.jpg

kzKZy0f.jpg
I really appreciate all of this and I appreciate all of the help. From what I can see in your picture and from my measurements mine definitely looks like the one on the left. I’m going to order the other one now.

Thank, Greg

I see. I didn't realize that Knight made an adapter. I thought it was a bp difference.
I believe it was still made by Lehigh but sold only thru Knight back in the day. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Greg

I dont know who made the old Knight FPJ parts. I dont think it was Lehigh because Lehigh offered a better setup for $25ish back then. After Lehighs became popular, Knight worked out a contract with Lehigh and then you could buy them through Knight. Knight had the vents braised in and opted for 416 instead of 17-4. They no longer offer that conversion so now Lehigh can sell them again.

That old convex plug was out way before i ever heard of Lehigh.

Just throwing this out there.... the Mountaineer Plug is 0.060 longer than the DISC plug. The port in the Mountaineer barrels has been drilled deeper than the DISC. The bolt length and the hammer assembly are the same.

In theory you can buy a Mountaineer plug and fit it to a Extreme if you have the equipment to do it. Just take the material off the powder end. That is exactly what Bestill does with his bushing plugs. Then you have a custom fit plug with no shimming needed. All you need is a OAL length WITH a primer in the plug to make another one. The OAL has to be one that gets the needed crush for the primer you want to use.

Lehigh 209 Bare primer breech plug.jpg
Nothing like dragging up an old post and adding to it. Back a couple of months I was trying to purchase a 209 bare primer conversion and Lehigh / SSK had none in stock. I had a conversation with Pete Vogel at Lehigh who told me that they would see about getting a run done. Today I look online and here they are. If anyone out there is looking to buy there are adaptors, plugs and vent liners for the DISC Extreme / Elite & LHR. They also have bare 209 primer plugs for the Mountaineer.

No bolt. Lehigh produce an adaptor so you keep the FPJ bolt. If you look back in the thread you can see the adapter which knight also sold. Check out the Lehigh defence site and you’ll see the adaptor and the breech plug to convert to 209 bare primer.

All you actually need is the plug and the adapter. The vent liners are spares because one comes with the plug. I don’t know if you have to shim the breech plug in order to get crush. Others can chime in on that.

Latest posts

Back