Let us know what's put under the tree for you this year... :)}

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty1

Reaction score
Copyof_Copyof_IMG_0007.jpg

:santa:

Huntin_Dawg1215 said:
That's a pretty tree.
Thanks 'Dawg1215.    My wife gets full credit for the tree.  However, I did help decorate the house though with my version  of " Rudolph" :D

20171205_161041_-_Copy1.jpg

:santa: My wife got me a few outdoor sporting shirts for Christmas.  :D  Check out this one's logo :arrow:
20171225_153736_-_Copy.jpg

I got a big screen smart TV. The old tube model with a digital converter was fine with me. This one has too many doodad programs that I will never use. It doesn't even have a place to attach the rabbit ears.  ;)

Why can't my kids leave me back in the 20th century where I belong?

patocazador said:
I got a big screen smart TV. The old tube model with a digital converter was fine with me. This one has too many doodad programs that I will never use. It doesn't even have a place to attach the rabbit ears.  ;)

You might need to invite the grand kids over to watch TV Bob

Marty said:
:santa: My wife got me a few outdoor sporting shirts for Christmas.  :D  Check out this one's logo :arrow:
20171225_153736_-_Copy.jpg
Thats a cool shirt Marty I like it. Al

I'm blessed with a wife who grew up behind the counter of her family's old-time sporting goods store, a bird dog kennel and their own trap range in their back yard. They always had a fishing boat of some sort and spent every spare weekend fishing streams in the high country, whether hiking or straddling their own string of horse.  As a result she thinks all this hunting and fishing stuff is perfectly normal, but she expects to be right in the thick of it too! I didn't recognize the significance when I was a young man strutting my courting clothes so many years ago, but I've been enjoying the benefits for almost 50 years now.

It all came to a head this Christmas when she put one of these under the tree, or rather in the driveway.  Not a blooming thing to do with muzzleloading, but I'll suffer through it.  :p

BrownBear, That has to be for SW Florida, it's too small for Alaskan offshore waters. It sure is a honey.

Years ago I went diving on a 26' off Destin. The name of the boat was "The Money Funnel." I never heard a name that perfectly described what a boat is before that.

Awesome gift you got your Dad FG.  What a great way to spend time together ;)

Yup! Your dad looks happy. Good that he's getting into a real muzzleloader.

Now, go buy him some real black powder.

patocazador said:
BrownBear, That has to be for SW Florida, it's too small for Alaskan offshore waters. It sure is a honey.

Years ago I went diving on a 26' off Destin. The name of the boat was "The Money Funnel." I never heard a name that perfectly described what a boat is before that.
Yup, we're wintering on Pine Island now.  This is most certainly a Florida boat with almost zero use in Alaska. But it's in the driveway here because our Alaska boat would have about zero use here! :)

Money Funnel is the perfect name for a boat!  We keep the AK boat simple, so it's not too bad.  This new FL boat has so many electric doodahs on it, that might be just the right name for it too once they start wearing out....  Hopefully far into the future!

patocazador said:

They're telling you to get on board 'pat  :p

Bear Claw said:
Yup! Your dad looks happy. Good that he's getting into a real muzzleloader.

Now, go buy him some real black powder.
You're a purist 'Claw...but right.   I couldn't image building a traditional smoker without giving it a taste of the "real stuff".  I'm sure FG and his Dad will build a smoker that will eat whatever they feed it. :)

patocazador said:

Pato, just think about all that "Tin Foil" you'll save now that you were using on those old rabbit ears.  :D

$50 CAbelas Gift Card
Boot Dryer
Bushnell Trophy Extreme Range Finder
Outdoor Edge knife set
Fuzzy Blanket
Smart Wool Socks

I did pre-order a new muzzy .54 cal. colonial rifle kit from Kibler's Longrifles.  43.25" Rice swamped barrel and a Chambers lock.  I won't see it for awhile due to the high number of pre-orders they received.  I decided on the easy way this time.  These kits should be easy to put together.  Once I get started I'll show the progress in the Gun Builder's Corner as it's coming along.

fQspVu.jpg

tfxnbG.jpg

I'm not a builder, but i've read the inletting for a swamped barrel can be tricky. Is that all done for you? It looks like a nice kit.

Pete, this is truly a kit.  "Everything" is completely inletted on this stock.  I wanted to spend my time on the finishing.  My daughter gave me a couple of videos on "Beginning Carving and Beginning Engraving".  I have plenty of time to practice before the rifle is shipped.  I'm going to give it my best and see how it comes out.  I'll hunt with it next fall.  It's going to be a fun project and I should end up with a very nice rifle.

Latest posts

Back