Leupold 1200 Rangefinder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger Rag

Reaction score
Anyone using one. My brother is interested in one. I told him I've had really good luck with my Leica. Didn't know if these newer ones that calculate trajectory, etc. are worth it. I would think Leupold would offer a quality product.

Also how does it mark distances in low light etc. My Leica's do an admirable job in these conditions based on what I've seen vs Nikon and Bushnell in the past.

Thanks for the good and the bad, Matt

Leopold does not make many mistakes but their new range finders are questionable. Leica is the safest bet.

Chocdog

choc-dog said:
Leopold does not make many mistakes but their new range finders are questionable. Leica is the safest bet.

Chocdog

You are correct! The one Leupold rangefinder I have used(or TRIED to use! :shock: ) was a piece of crap. Nikon, Bushnell, Swarovski, and Leica ALL make EXCELLENT rangefinders...I'd pick one of them!

Very cool. That's what I told him too - Leica. I've got 2 Leica's LRF 800 and 10x42 Geovids. He missed getting a shot at semi-long range buck in rifle season because his older Nikon 800 wouldn't range it in waning light facing West. He said he was going to get a new one at that point. From experience sitting in the same stand with my Geovids, I know it was 400 yards. A long shot, but makable if you've practiced it. We have lots of long range shots in Eastern NC so a rangefinder is a big deal.

Anyway, my brother was at a store that had the Leupolds yesterday. He held off after I recommended the Leica's. He's ordering the smaller more compact framed CRF 1200 Leica rangefinder today.

Thanks for confirming what I was thinking. I just didn't know if all the compensating rangefinders were viable or not. I also did find a couple other reviews online that were questionable on the Leupolds stating poor directions and complicated.

Regards, Matt

PS. Chuck, the Geovids pay for themselves every hunt. They have been one of the best tools in my hunting toolbox this year! Thanks again for your previous input on them.

I was looking into the Leupold but I bought a Leica 900 scan insted. (I figured you cant go wrong with a Leica) I bought it a year ago and sold my 10 year old Bushnell yardage pro 400. I gotta tell ya, I never had a problem with the Bushnell and always got a reading. I wish I could say the same for the Leica. The laser seems very weak. I cant get it to scan through glass. I had no problems going through dirty glass or even screes with the Bushnell. If not for the compact size of the Leica I would rather have my old Yardage Pro.
Frank

Latest posts

Back