Leupold VX-1 Vs. Burris Fullfield II

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick White

Reaction score
This is just a comparison between my old FF II 3-9X40 and New VX-1 3-9X40.

Eye Relief - Burris - About an inch more. The LOP is the same on both guns and the Leupold drops past the Burris by about an inch.

Bightness - Leupold - It was noticeably brighter when I checked it early this morning.

Clarity - No clear winner.

Adjustments - Burris 1/4" - No click on Leupold.

Ease of use with Scope caps - Leupold - The Burris eypiece rotates as you change power. This rotates the scope cap also.

Weight - no clue - I didn't want to pull the Burris off of the gun it's on.

Reticle - Burris - Both have ballistic reticles. Burris has the ballistic plex, Leupold has the Long range duplex. The Burris reticle is better.

Magnification - Burris - I noticed the Burris has slightly more magnification at the high end, but no noticable difference at the low end.

Scope length - The Burris is slightly shorter.

Price: Aprox $220 paid for each - no real difference

Overall - Burris - The leupold had a few things better but going by what I compared the Burris has the edge.

I can't compare the Leupold to a current production Burris Fullfield II as I do not have one. But this is how the VX-1 stacks up against my old Burris. It'd be interesting to see how it does compare to a new production FF II but I do not buy things just to test them. The Leupold is for the Omega.

scopecompare.jpg

Latest posts

Back