Load for a CVA kodiak...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoss01

Reaction score
I just bought a CVA Kodiak and was wondering if anyone has any load suggestions,Clint

?????

i know ppl on here have shot them ..what load did you have success with?

I own a Kodiak and here in Colorado it's open sights, loose powder, and a roundball or conical. No sabots or scopes. Here is the load I use.
85 gr. Pyrodex P
370 T/C Maxiball
Remington Kleenbore 209 primer.
This is very accurate out to 100 yds. for me. I hope this helps. 85 gr. Pyrodex P is about equal to 100 gr. Pyrodex RS. Never go over 100 gr. of loose powder (or 85 gr. of Pyrodex P). The Pyrodex RS is like Goex 2f and the Pyrodex P is like Goex 3f.

Hope this helps.

110gr loose 777-250grshockwave super glide. easy to load and very very tight groups i can cut same hole at 100 yrds :shock:

Try 100 grains of Pyrodex RS and a 245 grain Powerbelt. It should load easy, even the second shot, and give acceptable accuracy at 100 yards. Plus the conical part of the bullet satisfies a lot of State regulations.

Once you get a load worked up, then start trying other things like 300 grain XTP's and 250 grain Shockwaves. Today I was shooting my CVA Staghorn. For kicks I tried some Shockwaves.

Dcp05746.jpg

This was done at 50 yards with a RED DOT no magnification scope. I was real pleased with the rifle.

Back