Loads For A Encore

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielojones2002

Reaction score
I was just wondering what loads work best for you guys with your encores? What kind of 209's do you use?

.452 300 gr. XTP/Harvester crushrib sabot/ 2 pyrodex pellets, very accurate in my .50 Encore and deadly too! I'm done with pyrodex, just too corrosive, got some T7 pellets for Christmas and will try them, shouldn't be much if any difference in POI. I want to try the loose T7 FFg too.

Winchester T7 209's also. The Remington 209's will work, but blowback is still there in the breech.

Pro Hunrer/Thumb hole

3 pellets T7 FF. 250 shockwave ultra glide sabot. I am trying loose loads 250 grain TMZ' and the Parker BE 250 as well.
winchester T7 primers. I know I paid some extra but I like em' easier clean up etc. If i am reading correctly assists ina ccuracy. I will be playing w/ the 25 variflame adaptor that was iven to me.
hat these guys give you are the pet loads that work and they are comfy with, but they all will tell you go shoot and have fun getting your own. Hunt Safe

3x50 Pyrodex pellets, 250 grain T/C Shockwave bonded bullet and the VariFlame primer system. After all my testing this is the load I took elk hunting this year. At 100 yards it shoots < 1 1/4 inch and at 50 yards I usally have the holes touching. At 250 yards I can keep all my shots on a 8" paper plate.

My best go-to load for the Encore is 245 gr. Spitfire over 3 Pyrodex pellets.
1-1/2" and under @ 100.

nothing complicated ...2 pellets of T7 and any 209 primer i have tried them all and no big difference ..as for the bullet nothing below 250gr.

Three Shockey's Gold Sticks and a 300 grain Nosler PP with CCI 209's That load shoots 5/8" at 100 yards out of my TC Encore Pro Hunter. Good luck with it you have a great gun!

alot of the guys are shooting T7 2fg 110 - 120gr a MMP blue Sabot and 10mm .40 200gr XTP & Win T7 Primers

Latest posts

Back