Local Blackhorn Prices?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus tax, 13% plus shipping?
Yes that’s true, I usually order powder once a year usually, last order was 35$ Shipping for 4lbs of 1.5 Swiss, 1 lb of 4f Goex, 2lbs of Pyrodex RS and 4lbs of 3f Goex. That works out to less than 4$ per lb. You could also get together with friends if you don’t shoot as much. You would still be under 65$ per for blackhorn.

Canadian dollar is weak, plus wages are different up here. A tradesmen can make 45-60$ per hour here. I pay 27$ per lb for Pyrodex and 37$ per lb for GOEX. Rusty is very competitive, Cabelas Canada is 50$ per lb for GOEX

55$ Rusty Woods trading Canada
That's just insane
Canadian dollar is weak, plus wages are different up here. A tradesmen can make 45-60$ per hour here. I pay 27$ per lb for Pyrodex and 37$ per lb for GOEX. Rusty is very competitive, Cabelas Canada is 50$ per lb for GOEX
Daggone my northern brotha, I truly feel for ya with all that craziiness. PS RUSH RULES

Sportsman's Warehouse $40.99, I'm glad I still have 10 lbs of Alliant Black MZ that I bought for $9.99 a pound.

Yes, I understand, my suggestion was to group or bulk order. My last order was 3.62 added per lb for shipping. YMMV
No one in my neck of the woods to bulk buy with, the guys I know would never part with their money to buy blackhorn, they really have no clue about their muzzleloaders, they buy what's cheapest, and nothing is ever consistent with their gun, where it will hit when fired, or if it will even fire

No one in my neck of the woods to bulk buy with, the guys I know would never part with their money to buy blackhorn, they really have no clue about their muzzleloaders, they buy what's cheapest, and nothing is ever consistent with their gun, where it will hit when fired, or if it will even fire
DAGGONEIT TATER those aren't the kinda guys I'd prefer to go shooting with at the range. No way in hell would I want to hunt with guys like that. Thats just me tho. I totally get the economic aspect & perspective to a degree. I went from being able to afford to buy & do purdy much whatever I wanted 5-10K a yr just for hunting, shooting, fishing stuff was the avg. I spent, to disability & saving up for ever for a cpl lbs of T7 & 5lbs of BH 209 per yr plus bullets & primers etc is a huge deal & not easy to afford. But me personally, I'd shoot 80%less & still buy modern black powder substitutes T7 & BH209 & have their performance over shooting 80% more but only having goex BP & El Cheap O bullets. I will not shoot or hunt with any guys that don't know squat about their guns & think hitting a paper plate at 100yds is doin somethin. I don't want them & their gun anywhere near me. Who knows what or who will get shot or blown up. NOPE

Well, Niner, I have a plan: That particular Cabela's is placed in the Polaris Shopping Center in the very snooty part of C-bus. I gotta figure that the Gucci-Hunter types who would shop there aren't much for muzzleloading, so that stuff's gonna go on sale just after the season, and then...

prescious.gif

Well, Niner, I have a plan: That particular Cabela's is placed in the Polaris Shopping Center in the very snooty part of C-bus. I gotta figure that the Gucci-Hunter types who would shop there aren't much for muzzleloading, so that stuff's gonna go on sale just after the season, and then...

View attachment 9443
Everybody is after the Precious! LOL Awesome post.

I just ordered a 5 lb jug from powder valley. 270.00 shipped. No sales tax was a bonus. That comes out to about $33.76 per 10oz bottle. That's the best price I could find right now without waiting for a free hazmat sale.

I just ordered a 5 lb jug from powder valley. 270.00 shipped. No sales tax was a bonus. That comes out to about $33.76 per 10oz bottle. That's the best price I could find right now without waiting for a free hazmat sale.
It's a darn shame that 5lbs of BH 209 costs 234.25 ( being the best price I've found or heard of ) like thats not bad enough, add 36.00 to that - shipping-16.00 & hazmat-20.00 on top of it. Yep I'm grateful too that there was no dang extortion tax on top of it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back