lonely ML hunter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

Reaction score
In our annual meat hunt on a close friends place with the boys, does were the order. The buck rule is you can't shoot one smaller than your individual record. So, it was time for my college age son. This was the first time none of the youngsters shot a button, so we figure they are learning our goal of patience and looking for a more mature doe. Great cold weekend for hunting considering this crazy warm Dec weather.
No one was surprised that I was the lonely ML hunter in the group, wanting to test my new bullet.

Attachments

• 2015 M hunt.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 547
That is a lot of venison there. Congratulations. You must have a generous doe season. Be careful of that. They did that in Wisconsin and we shot the herd off.

Jaybe44 said:
Good job on the December hunt!
What was your bullet and load?

The bullet is posted on the in-line section - Easter casting.
Knight Mtnr 1:30. 85gr Swiss 2F, 350gr HP GG.
We had more fun/conversations on the 130 yd crow shot than the deer.

Nice work! Gotta love a good pile. One day I'll have to scan a few of our old pics with like 20+ in one pile. :D

I know the feeling...I'm often carrying a ML when all my buddies have CF rifles. Not one of my friends hunts with a ML outside of ML season. I'll be carrying it on our end of year hunt in a couple weeks, with all my CF rifle com padres. I hope to connect on a buck like in your pic! :D

Latest posts

Back