Lyman 457121PH

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May i please see your 465 Grain Target that Matches, or Betters this Ole Whitworth Bullet Target? :) Cmon SHOOTER! Cough it up :D

5MhL0TA.jpg
I didn’t think so!

5MhL0TA.jpg
I didn’t think so!

When I got home I did find a group, but it was at 100 yds not 106 yds at this range. :p:D

465Gr Group.png

Also, my youngest grandson looks like he may have inherited my shooting skills with my 346gr HP Gould Bullets. After we tweaked it in, I forget how many shots he put in dead center, but I think it was 4 or 5. Not to shabby for a 13yr old. Naturally, like me it was using a solid rest.

IMG_5400.JPG

Attachments

• 475GR.jpg
    475GR.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5400.JPG
    IMG_5400.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 0
When I got home I did find a group, but it was at 100 yds not 106 yds at this range. :p:D

View attachment 6648

Also, my youngest grandson looks like he may have inherited my shooting skills with my 346gr HP Gould Bullets. After we tweaked it in, I forget how many shots he put in dead center, but I think it was 4 or 5. Not to shabby for a 13yr old. Naturally, like me it was using a solid rest.

View attachment 6646
Very nice shooting young man

View attachment 6648

View attachment 6646

VERY GOOD Ed!!! Your 465 Shot REALLY Good in my 1:30 Twist GM LRH Barrel as well, And i have no doubt it will do even Better in my Rice 1:20 Twist :lewis:

That little Grandson Can Shoot!! You better be on your Toes with him Along, He’s gonna Out Shoot His Grandpappy :)

This was the first mold I purchased years back for my White .451 Super Safari. It is one of my least expensive molds, I bought it used on ebay and it turned out great. They shoot very accurately for me. The only trouble I have is sometimes they don't drop out of the mold very easily, I wonder if the grease grooves have a bit too sharp of an angle. Here are some old pics, for someone who wants a great bullet without breaking the bank, I recommend this mold.
I have this mold but mine ends in AV, not PH. Do you know what the dif is?

Do they go in alphabetical order? ex: AA would be their first cherry, AB is second...

I don’t know? Or can’t remember anymore? There is some pretty good, in-depth info out there on Lyman Molds, That is where i got the AV/BV Above.

I have this mold but mine ends in AV, not PH. Do you know what the dif is?
The "PH" stands for Parker Hale the British gun maker. When Lyman brought back the 457121 it was for Parker Hale when they made the repro Whitworth rifle starting in the late '70's. The original use of the 457121 was for the ".45 Winchester" (45-90) and the bullet mold could be had in different weights. If I had to guess i would think that the letters AV, BV, etc. are production codes.

Lyman did a similar thing with the 451114 "Volunteer" mold. When PH introduced the Volunteer repro rifle Lyman resurrected the 451114 from it's extensive design catalog. It was originally designed for Sharps rifles cartridges.

Funny I had the Volunteer mold also but got rid of it because of the bullets hanging up in the mold. Plus the 457121 Whitworth Bullets were more accurate for me.

I thought the PH was for Parker Hale but kept mum because I wasn't sure. I have thought about the Volunteer mold but haven't tried one yet.

Question: What is the diameter of this 457121PH bullet cast with pure lead out of the mold?

Latest posts

Back