Magazine

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moose1

Reaction score
I'm looking for a in-line hunting(modern muzzleloader)magazines or revues and where can I subscribe.
Thank
Moose1

There used to be one called "BlackPowder Guns & Hunting," but they went out of business about 2 years ago. There`s one on-line you can see called "CVA Muzzleloaders Blog" that`s pretty good. Here`s their websight. http://blog.cva.com/

I see more hunting mags with a dedicated Muzzleloader section now.
It's a start but I would subscribe to an inline mag as well.

Saxman1,I already subscribed to :Outdoor Life,Outdoor Canada,North American Hunting Club magasine and 2 major Fench hunting magasine.
I was looking for a similar magasine to Blackpowder Hunting.
Moose1/Maurice

Moose1 said:
I'm looking for a in-line hunting(modern muzzleloader)magazines or revues and where can I subscribe.
Thank
Moose1

Moose1,

Not trying to be a smart arse, but I think you have found the best online muzzleloading site, better than any magazine IMO.

Here you get first hand knowledge by guys that are always on the cutting edge of the muzzleloading sport. They are not paid writers like in the magazines. In the magazines, the writers are not allowed to just write exactly what they think, they are told what they can write about the product by the company. I had a well known writer tell me that in a 1 on 1 conversation, and he has been writing for over 30 years. He doesn't like it, but it is a fact if you want to be writing for major publications. Ever notice the company ads are usually right on the same page as the article?

The company places ad in the magazine, after proof reading the script. This pays the publishing magazine, who in turn pays the writer, who in turn writes a favorable article for the company, and we pay the magazine for the privelage of reading it and the company by buying their product.

Ever notice all the CVA articles and advertising in BlackPowder Guns & Hunting? Wasn't hard to figure out who was and still is paying Chad Shearer's (SP) bills now was it?

Now don't get me wrong, I like to look at and read articles in the magazines, but I don't believe EVERYTHING that is written is the whole story. The positives, yes, the negatives are never mentioned by the veteran writers.

Unfortunately, there isn't any dedicated magazine right now that I know of, so I guess you'll just have to put up with us.

Moose1, I know how you feel. Nothing passes the time on an airplane than reading a good ole fashion hard copy muzzle-loader magazine and sipping some whiskey. All that is out there is geared toward traditional black powder. It seems like there is a market for one.

As long as you understand TB gets "PAID" for his reviews you are good to go. If he dont get it free he basically wont review it. The vast majority of his sponsor's products get rave reviews. He will occasionally standup like he did with the Traditions NitroFire.

Wakeman has done similar things over the years also.

Latest posts

Back