Maryland Pennsylvania border

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRS

Reaction score
Hi, I live in Maryland and own a place in Lycoming county PA. I use a TC flint lock in PA and a LHR Redemption in Maryland. Endowment NRA Member Life Member in North American Hunting Club also Life in North American Fishing Club.

Looks like I have the honors of being first to welcome you to the site. This is a great site. You will learn much here. Don't be afraid to ask questions ever. How do you like your Redemption?

We had a great trip to Getteysburg a handful of years ago. The movie was one of the kids favorites as they were growing up. I take it you are in the neighborhood of Getteysburg.

Welcome. Yeah, no modern in lines in PA, during the 'primitive' hunt anyway.

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have the best of both worlds there. Glad to have you here.

rangerod said:
Looks like I have the honors of being first to welcome you to the site. This is a great site. You will learn much here. Don't be afraid to ask questions ever. How do you like your Redemption?
The Redemption is the first inline I have ever owned, I did extensive research on the available rifles and liked what I read about the Redemption and I have not been disappointed at all. Since S&W bought LHR it is now called the T/C Strike. I like the short 24" barrel for handling in the tree stand, the complaints by some that the short barrel does not provide the efficiency for magnum charges does not effect me. So far this season I have taken 3 whitetails longest shot 125 yards which is about as long of a shot I can get around here. I am using 70 grains by weight of Pyrodex RS behind a Sierra 45 cal 300 GR FN HP with a MMP Sabot Orange HPH 50X458. Each deer was a mature doe and the 125 shot went completely through and the deer ran about 50 feet before collapsing. The other two shots were less then 50 yards and 1 went through the other because of a deer jumping at the instant I shot went into the spine and traveled about 12 inches of spine then lodged in the hide on the far side of the neck. The bullet had shed its jacket but had a perfect mushroom to around 3/4 inch. I have a Leupold 2X7 VX2 with Game reaper mounts on it and at 50 yards I have a ragged 3 shot hole. If there is a downside it is the Pyrodex I can shoot 2 shots without cleaning but loading is difficult. I will be trying some 777 after the season to see if its any better, not a big problem for me but if it takes a little less cleaning that would be a plus.

Back