My Results of Remington Genesis, BH 209, Bullet/Sabots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkey

Reaction score
Well I was scared I bought a bad gun being I could not find any good reviews on the Remington Genesis.

I had 230 dollars in Cabelas Club points they had the gun mark down to 199.99 but it was suppose to be camo thumbhole with stainless fluted barrel a mistake on Remingtons part. They shipped me a fully camo thumbhole and gave me an additional 20 dollar certificate so here is what I have in in.

Gun 200.00
Rebate -35.00
Promotion Code -25.00
Cabelas Error -20.00
Used Cabelas Club Points to Get Gun***

* Gun Cost $120 Nikon 3x9x40 Nikon Buckmaster and Mounting Hardware $214.

I was dead set on shooting the barnes 250 knight tmz ez load but that sabot does not do well in my gun set up. I guess in time I will have to find a sabot that will shoot the barnes well in my gun.

110 BH 209 bullet hole to bullet hole groups at 100 yards 1inch high using TC black sabot 250 bullet with yellow tip.
I could not get the barnes to hold anything better than 6 inch group at 100 yards.

So by now you realize that I am shooting the TC 250 black sabot in the gun.

150yards three inches low 1 inch groups.

I could tell the TC required more force going down.

I shot the CCIm primers with the BH 209 110 grains. The 110 grains is what made my gun preform bullet hole to bullet hole group 25-100 yard ranges.

I can not say enough good things about the Blackhorn 209 powder and the Remingtons performance with the proper bullet.

The cam on the genesis does seem to get a little dirty but for every day hunting owners will not find this a problem. I shot the gun 40 times and the gun is extremly clean. It did not make a difference in my groups at all and am so glad their is finally a powder that will allow me to shoot and not worry about cleaning and slinging my projectiles.

I am going to spend more time with this gun but for now it will be cleaned and then prepared to hunt.

Things I do not like about the remington: The torch cam stinks...hard to get 209 into breech plug and it is a problem with a lot of shooting. It never hanged but I was continously wiping each shoot.

Things I like about the remington: Cheap/affordable, unbelievable accuracy for a mass produced gun, great trigger, good looking gun, balaced good, low recoil.

Things that don't make sense about the remington: The short ram rod they give you...someone needs a good country butt kick n for that thing...

Sure wish I would have had the right sabot for the barnes bolt tail 250 tmz but I will have to talk to someone to find out what I need to get for that bullet in order to make it shoot in my remington...

I used a lead sled for my shooting today and that was really nice...no recoil and dead nuts center of hold.

Good report, Turkey. Pretty much agree with your opinion of the rifle but the trigger on mine (the first one) SUCKED. The TorchCam really stuck hard using T7, maybe BH209 is a big plus there.

And you are right about the ramrod. The length is determined by design but the method of extension is nutty. CVA does a much better job in that regard - at least their extension doesn't have to be completely removed and turned around.

But we need pics. :D

My scope should be in tomorrow... gotta work day shift for the next two days so it will probably be Wednesday before I can get to the range. My big debate is BH or 777 for the 338 Powerbelt Platinum... being that BH likes a tight fit for the best accuracy I'm thinking 100g of 777 may be the way to go,,, but who knows?? Right now all I can do is speculate... :?

Yep, I'm sure I'll end up trying both... unless the BH shoots good first. I bought two jugs of 777 last year for next to nothing at Wally World... I keep hoping I'll come up with a use for it,,, but alas, I guess it's like the BH container say... "it's the best damn powder"... 8)

Turkey,
Thanks for the report!
My scope should be in this week, and then I'll finally get to shoot mine...

"The short ram rod they give you...someone needs a good country butt kick n for that thing... " - Well said!!

-Mike

Latest posts

Back