My sister in law got a nice one

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlaughlin72

Reaction score
I just wanted to show yall the deer my sis-in-law killed Thanksgiving weekend. She was hunting somewhere around the Alabama and Mississippi state line (Alabama side) I think just north of Sumter. Anyways, she was on the stand and a nice size spike came out and she sized it up and decided to pass on it, a little while later a herd of six or seven does showed up, she considered taking the biggest one, then decided not to. Then in the edge of the woods she could see one standing there, so she waited for him to make his appearance and after a few minutes he walked out and presented a shot for her. ok enough rambling, here are the pics. Someone scored the deer for her and they scored it at 155
tammy_s_deer_003.jpg

tammy_s_deer_004.jpg

Nice Buck

Your sister-in-law sure has bragging rights now. Patience and a Marlin
30-30 and a Taxidermist....priceless.

Choc-dog

jlaughlin72 said:
Someone scored the deer for her and they scored it at 155

For a typical 4X4!!!!!! Sure that wasn't a typo and it scored 115!

Nice buck, but I don't think thier is any chance of that thing scoring in the 150's. Unless I have VASTLY misjudged the mass on that thing.

What'd ya'll think? I am no expert scorer, so I could be wrong.

scoring?

I don't know how to score them, the taxidermist that did my mount last year tried to show me, but i didn' t really get it. Anyway, they are calling it a 10 point, I didnt see it at first either, i was thinking 4x4 but if you look on the deers left antler, there are two kicker tines sticking out down close to the head. I dont know how much difference that would make on the scoring.

That is a beautiful buck. I love the dark fur on the bucks forehead. Gonna make a great mount. Congrats.

No way a 155" buck but a shooter for sure in my book, especially where I hunt in VA. Congrats to your sister in law, I personally love to see woman hunting; I think it's great for the sport :D .

Whitesmoke

Certainly is a trophy, never doubted that.

My wife is getting this one mounted. It grossed 116. Its a 4X4. She shot it this year, was her first buck. She has killed many does, but never a buck until this year.

453361.JPG

453362.JPG

Thats a really nice buck, congrats to your wife. If that deer scored 116, then they must have mis-understood the guy when he told them the score. Looking at your wifes deer, i would think 115 maybe on sis-in-laws. Thanks for the post.

Latest posts

Back