My Son has drifted to the Dark Side

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
and purchased the T/C Endeavor. Basically its the same as the Pro Hunter but with the same Breech Plug as the Triumph.

So being a True DWB I don't know much about shooting Sabots etc. but from what I hear the 250gr T/C Shockwaves should shoot great. What type of powder, 209 Primers and how much powder would you guys recommend?

ED

They shoot a lot of Triple Se7en in the Thompson Centers... but also I wonder if this new powder the BH209 might be a way to go. I will be waiting to see how the rifle works for you. Maybe you could post a picture of that rifle.. I think I saw one at the gun shop but would not swear to it...

Good luck with your new rifle...

He is crazy to use anything but Blackhorn in it. I would start out at 110grns of BH and work up to 115 or even 120 if it shoots well. The 250grn SST with the short black harvester is very accurate combination in most T/C Muzzleloaders. The CCI primer is hard to beat as well.

I will be really surprised if it has a good trigger. I would check that out before going to the range. If bad, order the new spring from Belm i think? :oops: :) Underclock knows for sure.

If all else fails, order a new Triumph. :shock: :D

Most any one that has actually use Blackhorn 209 for any length of time will tell you they will use it as long as they can get, there are some that say they dont like it what they dont like is the price or the fact that you are not supposed to use it in open breach guns with certain breach plug or with any ignition other than 209. If they can not say they tried it for any reasonable lenght of time then how can they possably know much about it.
I don't have an Endevor [yet] but with my Triumph and Omega it is the best shoting clover leaf groups has become much more commen now its happens every other trip to the range if the wind did not blow so much [we have had a lot more than normal here this year] I think I would be seeing them every trip. Getting the right fit with the sabot is a good part of the of what it takes to get good groups finding the right bullet for that particular rifle and using BH209 in the right amount would complete the process. Lee

ED give me a call

Tell your wife to get a hold of Fran at work .I can help with the sabot shooting I got quite an assortment of componets
Ray P :lol:

edmehlig said:
and purchased the T/C Endeavor. Basically its the same as the Pro Hunter but with the same Breech Plug as the Triumph.

So being a True DWB I don't know much about shooting Sabots etc. but from what I hear the 250gr T/C Shockwaves should shoot great. What type of powder, 209 Primers and how much powder would you guys recommend?

ED

Hey Ed!
What do you mean "Dark Side?" Your son is finally seeing the LIGHT! :lol:

PERSONALLY...I'd do exactly as Grouse said. 100gr to 120gr Blackhorn 209 and a 250gr SST/Shockwave. Use regular shotgun primers(not muzzleloader primers) such as W-W, CCI, etc. As far as sabots go..it usually depends on what diameter the bore is. T/Cs are usually really close to 0.500 so to start off I'd try both the Harvester short black and the Harvester crush-rib. One of those should work. Of course it should require a really firm push to seat but without hurting oneself!

RAY Is that YOU?? About time you came over here to this forum. Stick around and maybe the guys here will convice you to sell that Savage of yours!! :lol: :lol:

Lee 9 said:
Most any one that has actually use Blackhorn 209 for any length of time will tell you they will use it as long as they can get, there are some that say they dont like it what they dont like is the price or the fact that you are not supposed to use it in open breach guns with certain breach plug or with any ignition other than 209. If they can not say they tried it for any reasonable lenght of time then how can they possably know much about it.
I don't have an Endevor [yet] but with my Triumph and Omega it is the best shoting clover leaf groups has become much more commen now its happens every other trip to the range if the wind did not blow so much [we have had a lot more than normal here this year] I think I would be seeing them every trip. Getting the right fit with the sabot is a good part of the of what it takes to get good groups finding the right bullet for that particular rifle and using BH209 in the right amount would complete the process. Lee

To me 29.00 for 10oz of BH209 is not bad , That's about the price of half a tank of gas !! :shock: I see no reason for me to use anything else . :D
ITS GOOOOD STUFF !!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back