Need help on buying my first gun, looking at CVA Optima

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. I went to my local gun dealer and ordered an NEF Stainless Huntsman.

I think you're gonna like it. You'll be amazed at the trigger and how it shoots. Be careful that you don't get a scope with the ocular(part closest to your eye) that is too big. Big oculars(such as those on Bushnell Trophys/Banners) will get in the way of the hammer.

big6x6 loads for NEF

big6x6,
Do you remember any of the loads you worked up for your NEF? I know you had yours shooting real well, and I've had one for 1 year now. I haven't had time to do as much range work as I want to, and if you can remember your loads I would appreciate some starting points. Last year I used 90 gr 777 2f and a 295 PowerBelt. Had decent accuracy, but would like to use an XTP 250 this year with the same powder. Thanks for sharing, you're an amazing source of information, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond to all the questions posted on this board. I have learned more from this board than in my previous 20 years of BP hunting/shooting.

My two friends have NEF sidekicks and I purchased a CVA wolf. We do not have the money to be buying expensive guns and since we only use ours a couple times in the LATE-Season only makes sense. One buddy likes his NEF, the other is having trouble with accuarcy. My CVA shoots decently I am satisfied with how it shoots for a gun with open sights. Be careful not to lose the red primer carriers for the NEF. You can not just walk into any sporting goods store and buy them the night before a big hunt.

My two friends have NEF sidekicks and I purchased a CVA wolf. We do not have the money to be buying expensive guns and since we only use ours a couple times in the LATE-Season only makes sense. One buddy likes his NEF, the other is having trouble with accuarcy. My CVA shoots decently I am satisfied with how it shoots for a gun with open sights. Be careful not to lose the red primer carriers for the NEF. You can not just walk into any sporting goods store and buy them the night before a big hunt.

Latest posts

Back