NEF

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbc5150

Reaction score
I am looking at getting a new ml and i am looking at it being a NEF sidekick or huntsman. this is going to be my first ml. i was wondering if anyone could tell me other than price what is the differance between the Nef sidekick and the Nef huntsman. which one is a better shooting gun?

Both are basically the same rifle. The only differences is the Hunstman you can change it to a rifle as well by switching bbls. Whereas the Sidekick is strickly a ML.

thanks for the info i guess my best bet would be the huntsman since it has more options. :lol:

That's not quite accurate about the Huntsman - if you get a standard Huntsman, the only barrels that can be fitted are shotgun barrels up to 12 gauge - no rifle barrels other than muzzleloader. The Huntsman is a form 4473 firearm because of that capability (shotgun barrels). The Sidekick is rated for more powder for some odd reason (or was, they may have changed that) and can be bought mail order/online. The Sidekick's action is only a bit different from the Huntsman's, but enough to disallow the barrel changes.

I would buy the one I could get the better price on.

http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Muzzlelo ... ekick.aspx

photo_stainless_sidekick.jpg

http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Muzzlelo ... tsman.aspx

photo_muzzle_stainless_huntsman.jpg

Thanks Undelocked for clearing this up for me they are only 3.00 dollars differant in price so i think i will probably go with the sidekick. (no forms)

The sidekick is very consistent once you find a load. I have 5 differnt muzzle loaders and it's alway fun to shoot the sidekick . It will shoot 1.5" or less at 100 yds. Mine has a sightron 1 3x10x44 on it. It will shoot 300g XTP & .458 rems with very small pattern. 80-85 T-7 Loose and a mmp short black or orange for the .458

Latest posts

Back