"NEW" 260g Speer HP

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bullet was furnished by GM54-120

IMG_4530.JPG

IMG_4519.JPG

Between the rifle, and the bottles is 25 yard. Powder charge is 80 grain Blackhorn.

IMG_4520.JPG

Bullet destroyed first bottle; blew second bottle in half, and tossed the top half 10' behind horse. Went through third bottle, bounced off fourth bottle into snow. Fourth bottle, fifth bottle, and sixth bottle hold water. Metal detector was required to find bullet in snow below horse.

IMG_4522.JPG

IMG_4523.JPG

IMG_4524.JPG

Bullet weighs 259.5 grain.

IMG_4529.JPG

IMG_4527.JPG

This bullet is harder to size than some others, but still worked good.

As good as It gets right there!! That is 1 of the TOP DOG Performers I’ve seen in this Test, This is EXACTLY what i look for in a “Hunting” Bullet

Well its obvious that slighly higher copper jacket was an improvement on the already good 260. That's impressive.

Still, the interesting thing to me is Speer list them as target rounds. ?? They are (IMO) equally as good as the deep curl (hunting round) it appears, at half the price. I'm gonna have to pick up some of the new ones. Thx Ron!

Oh, and it list them as .451 up top, but lower it shows .452. ?? LOL

upload_2020-2-9_8-19-12.png

Was this test accomplished by shooting the bullet sabotless in a .45 muzzleloader?
Thanks for posting the test and results!
I will be looking for this bullet at my local Sportsman's warehouse.

Was curious to see the performance of the bullet out 200 yard. This morning was a cold 10°, but the breeze wasn't too bad. Load was 100 grain Blackhorn, poly wad, W209 primer. Shooting began with clean cold barrel of Knight UltraLite with 3.5-10 scope. Aim was bottom target; only three shots made at measured 203 yard.

260speer1.jpg

We SD hunters are limited to iron sights or !X glass; the bullet appears to be adequate for our limited range.

Found (5) Boxes of these while organizing loading supplies. These look Very Impressive & apparently were inexpensive. 👍

Years ago a bought a Knight BK92 50 cal muzzleloader I called Knight muzzleloader company for most accurate bullet and powder out of this rifle. Spoke with Tony Knight and this is the bullet he recommended. Probably most accurate muzzleloader I've ever
Shouldered. Deer don't stand a chance with this bullet. I still have the paper I wrote all info on.

I've shot alot of deer with great success with the original version, and these appear a little better.
Not bad for a "target shooting" bullet :roll:

Latest posts

Back