New Encore 50 tasted Antelope this morning..

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les Staley

Reaction score
And it LIKED it! season is almost over, and today was my last day off during goat season, and me with three tags... had to do it. decided to use the TC Encore.. it's shooting 250 shockwaves about inch-and-a-half at 100.. took a buck at about 100.. he tried following his girl-freinds away, but just couldn't do it. went about another 100 and piled up. a little later sneaking up a ridge, caught two does (could just see the top of their backs) feeding toward me.. KO'd a fat doe when she topped up where I could see her.. guess this rifle will do allright for Michigan ML season in Dec. Les

Congrats Les on a great hunt! 8)

I also have an Encore and luv it. Good to here your report.

Antelope

Nice hunting skills getting that close to your Antelope. Congratulations
on your kills.

choc-dog

Thanks

I bought this Encore new last winter, late December, and it's just the plain garden variaty , not the Pro-Hunter.. I shot it a little last winter with the fiber optic sights, but never hunted with it til this morning.. It's wearing a Weaver V series 2-7.. just right.. I'm liken' it.. Les

Way to go Les! Pronghorn hunting IS a lot of fun! I'm thinking I need to go back to Wyoming next year! 8)

Pictures

I took a few pix of both antelope, wife will have to be in a good mood to get them into my document folder, then I could e-mail them to someone and they could post them.. if anyone realy wants to see them.. they're just antelope... a buck prolly 14", nothing to brag about, good diggers, but thin above and not much curl down.. doe pix shows blood trail, kinda gruesome... heh, heh.. Les

Back