New fun toy baby!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
How could I resist? $189 out the door brand spankin new. Traditions 1860 .44cal
FR18602.JPG

And steel to boot! I should be able to fire some healthier charges than in the brass frames.

Pretty cool pestola there buddy :!:  :!: Almost makes me want to go buy one. :thumbs up: 

Ray........... :Red tup:

:No: 

Now don't go tempting me there spitfire :no: 

Ray............ :Red tup:

I have three at the moment , a Remington .44 with an 8" barrel ,a Colt .44 with 51/2" barrel and a Colt Navy .36 with a 71/2" barrel . Looking for a Ruger Old Army , Walker and dragoon.

I've got 2 ROAs, Spit. If you were close, I'd let you borrow (not sell) one for a few months.

Another one on the wish list is the 1873 Colt C&B even if it was not made that way originally .

You'll have me move to Florida just to borrow that Ruger Bob  :lol:

It's stainless so the humidity here shouldn't bother it. Hogs are in season year round.

8) .  A dirty harry piece of the time for sure  :lol:

Ain't that truth. You just can't have one. I have a pair of Ruger Old Armys, the early "Dragoon" Model in .44 caliber & a custom-made "National Match" model in .36 caliber. A pair of Remingtons, one is a NAC Deluxe model made by Pietta, (still made today) shooting the .457 RB, and a Uberti .36 caliber with a companion R & D conversion cylinder in 38 special.

You just can't have one.

Enjoy that rascal with 30 gr of GOEX 3FG or target load of 20 gr and cream of wheat filler, .454 RB, and top it off with grease on top.

Keep 'em in the center, close together.

D. Buck Stopshere said:
Enjoy that rascal with 30 gr of GOEX 3FG or target load of 20 gr and cream of wheat filler, .454 RB, and top it off with grease on top.
My Pietta .44 uses .451 balls.

in my last 44 the 454's actually shot better. Keep in mind though the last one i owned was when i was 14 -15 some where lol. I think I have a better feel of things these days. The 454's were a ***** to load, but those suckers shot awesome.

31 pocket revolver feeding

Guys,

Can I use OO buck (.330) in my soon to arrive Uberti 1849 Colt pocket replica?  Too big a squeeze?  Hope not, 5 lbs gives me approx. 700 pops, cheap shooting

ThnX
Tamarack

If I remember right, that's a .31 caliber. 0 buckshot is .320, 1 1/2 buckshot is .310. If you have some pure lead 00 buck, see if the ram will shave enough lead to allow seating of the ball on the powder. If you have a cylinder loading set-up you may be able to exert enough pressure. The rams on those short barreled guns are hard to force anything.  Ordering some .311 or slightly larger balls may be better but find out which size is just large enough to shave a ring of lead when seating and then buy that size mold or round balls.

Back